Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID not available externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelainey

Technical User
Apr 28, 2010
CA
I have a DID number that is programmed on the CS1000 and I can 4 digit dial it internally but when we try to make a call from outside we get a recording stating the number is not in service. I have spoken with my TelCo and they assure me that is is on our end and they no longer support the CS1000 so they cannot do any troubleshooting with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recording definitely sounds like it is from TelCo and not from local PBX if that makes sense.

Check for Incoming Digit Conversion (IDC) entry in LD 49.
If your trunks are PRI then you can also turn on the D-channel messaging to see if the CO is attempting to initiate a call.
If your trunks are analog then you could go on a trunk TN with a test set and try dialing the DN.
Compare the results with a working DN.

Trunks are PRI. How would i turn on the D-channel messaging and compare with a working DN? Is there a way to see if that specific DN is part of our calling plan? IT's really odd that this happened. The DN is 7781 and our company owns 7000-7999 from our TelCo for DID's. This is the only number that doesn't work. The really odd thing is that this phone has been built for years and the person using the number went on leave and when she came back this was happening. I am also fairly new to this system. Trying to take over from another guy who was running the system and is not available to discuss this with.

Where is the recording coming from stating that it is not a working number? That sounds like a Telco recording more often than CPE.

You turn on Dchannel messaging in ld 96. You have to be careful with that because if you have high traffic it will just scream info at you. Turn it on, make a few test calls and turn it off. Then go back through the data and look for your good call and bad call numbers.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Check that your affected extension has CLS = UDI to allow DID access.
As for the monitoring, go into LD 96 and key in STAT DCH to list out your circuits.

Then key in ENL MSGI (DCH number) to monitor inbound calls

Also do STAT MON to check that it's enabled. You should start to see loads of messages on the screen.

Use DIS MSGI (DCH number) to stop the channel monitoring.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

When I dial a known good DID i see it go through, but when I dial 7781 which is the number in question I do not see it at all. This is while monitoring the D channels.

Also, to change cls to UDI is that ld 11? What is the command to change to UDI?

Appreciate all the info

Make sure that it really is a DID number with the Telco, they may have short changed you, we have several missing in our so called continuous DID range

If you see a setup message on the d-channel for a known good number but you don't see the setup for 7781 then I would say the Telco is not routing it to you.
UDI is part of the "supplementary" options that were typically for the European market. It's unlikely that you have that in your software where you are.

I want to thank everyone for their input. I found the issue. We currently have a Nortel and Cisco telephony system in place as we are slowly phasing out the Nortel's but due to budget it will take some time. We had some translation rules that were made on our wedge gateway that were needed before we got a SIP trunk between our Nortel and Cisco equipment. So this issue is fixed. But now comes the new issue. When I four digit dial one of our out of town locations from a Cisco phone, it connects to the 7781 Nortel phone that i just got back online. Only happens on a Cisco phone. Nortel works fine.

Example. I dial 1080 which is the main reception desk at one of the out of town locations, it will connect to 7781 at a location here in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back