Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Did my Aloha thermal printer die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvlax50

Technical User
May 27, 2008
US
One of my thermal printers, a Bixolon PR10135, started off the day just fine this morning. After two tickets it started printing this:
image1.jpg

The one on the left is from my Epson U220B (non-thermal) just to show what the content should look like. The one on the right is from the thermal. If you look closely you can tell that it's printing the information that's on the ticket, but multiple times and very horizontally condensed. Is that a software issue or did something just die inside of the printer? Has anyone seen something like this before?

There might be something wrong with it. You can try cleaning the heads where the thermal section is.

run a self test, turn it off, hold down the feed button while turning the printer on

First off, the print out shows it's an impact printer. I would try using a new ribbon and see as well. It almost looks like the ribbon is getting jammed up.

Self print test came out the same as the chit on the right. It's all horizontally compressed and duplicated 7 times. Swapped it in place of a working Epson T88 and it still prints the same. I'm pretty sure the control board is shot.

Sheerdyn it's not an impact printer. The chit on the left is from a different printer, an Epson U220B, which, yes, is an impact printer. The one on the right is from a Bixolon PR10135 (aka SRP350) which is a thermal printer. First off, I explained all of this in my original post.

Spray some WD40 on the roller, run the feed a bit, do a couple self tests and see if it improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back