Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutcit88

Technical User
Aug 6, 2008
US
If anyone could help me ot i woul greatly appreciate it, I have a meridian1 61c and it is connected to a octel 250 which i have 9 DID lines to. I have searched the faqs and the forum site and havent been about to find what i need. I need to take 2 of he DIDs from the nortel and turn them into fax lines, if anyone could help with steps and procedures of this i would appreciate greatly. if you needmore information on this let me know.

When you say DID, do you mean analog lines from the telco, or part of a number range on a T-1/PRI?

I was told

Print the rout in LD 21
Print the Trunks in that rout in LD 20
Once you know the TN of the trunks...
Go to LD 14 out the two trunks....you will be stealing.
Now build your FAX line
If you do not know how to build your Fax line and the dedicated line

i just want to make sure ihae everything i need before i start so i do it right the first time.

Are the 9 lines set as SL-1 sets or similar transferring directly to the voice mail? do a PRT / DNB in LD 20 and see what the specific numbers go to. It may go to a set or CDP to a route or similar ( I am not familiar with Octel) When you figure it out you should be able to remove or change that number then set up the numbers you want as a 500 set on a spare TN and connect to the fax machine. There are many ways that the numbers could be set up though, so this is just a shot in the dark.

ld 11 to out the 2616's (or just nul those line) or change the dn's to non-dids

then ld 10 and new type 500 and give the did dns to the analog set..

you can have 9 did trunks and a hundred did numbers.. i have 400 trunks and 10,000 did dn's... you do not need ld 14 or 16 just build a set with a did in your did range.. when you buy a block of did's, it's usually 100 numbers.. i have seen as low as 20 on a small ksu... check the bill, not the switch to see what your did range is..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thats what i need to do, see i have never had to mess with the DID part of the nortel yet, we are wanting to phase it out by takeing the DiDs from voicemail and makeing them fax lines, is it as simple as outing ifrom a dn and redirecting it to another.

yes... think of a did trunk as just another anaolg station.. it picks up and dials inbouind... so if someone here local dial 434 1234, the provider sends me 1234 on one channel... if i send to to a fax or a 3904 or a menu, the did just sends the switch the digits.. no magic

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanx everyone for your help and and johnpoole i may be back in touch with further assistance.

mutcit88,

This is our next to last TN for my 12 Octel ports. Notice that it HUNTS and FDN's to the lead DID number (4499) with CLS HTA FNA.

DES OCTL11
TN 004 0 03 10
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 4499
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 1
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTD ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 4499
LHK 0
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 7330 0 MARP
CPND
NAME VOICE MAIL
XPLN 10
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
06 MSB
15 TRN

This is the last TN for the 12th port. Notice that HUNT and FDN has been removed.

DES OCTL12
TN 004 0 03 11
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 1
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTD ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 7331 0 MARP
CPND
NAME VOICE MAIL
XPLN 10
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
06 MSB
13 MIK
14 MCK
15 TRN

You should be able to modify the last TN used for Octel as shown.

jva

>****

thanx M3904DBA i was able to get the DIDs changed i didnt realize was as easy as copying existing lines and removeing tns it took less then 5 minutes to change 2 lines thanx everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back