Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID Line Assignment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpenaranda

Technical User
Jun 30, 2009
CA
Hi Experts,

Glad to have found this forum as I'm really do not have knowledge on the Nortel Norstar System.

I was asked to confirm how the DID was assigned to certain extensions.

We have an 1800 number that goes to a DID number.
When the 1800 number is called ext 227 and 260 will answer.

Please help on how to verify this.

Thanks!

when a did call comes in from the outside whether it comes in on a PRI, channelized T1, or DID card the MICS accepts the digits that are being sent to it from the telco (as DTMF in the case of channelized T1 and DID or via the data channel in the case of PRI) The MICS then only looks at the last X digits as programmed under system programming >>received digit length. these digits are then compared to the digits programmed in target line programming (lines 145 up to 272 for software versions up to 6.0 and 157 to 284 for 6.0 and later, slighty larger for XS systems) at this point the incoming call is assigned to the target line and will follow trunk line programming (ring the primary DN for the target line, follow line assignments in terminal and set programming, follow hunt group programming, be answered according to auto attendent programming in the voicemail/aa system, or be answered by a particular call center group in call center programming) or a variation of the possible programming.

when the call is presented to the phone set the display will tell you how the call came to be presented to the phone for the first couple of rings, you can also check feature 811 at the phone to see what trunk the call came in on along with some other information (try it out and see how much info you get on your system with a test call)

you will probably find that the target line is assigned to both phones under terminal and set programming but also look at what the prime set in in line programming.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned earlier, I have no prior knowledge on the Norstart system.

As such, I do not know to perform this?

"you will probably find that the target line is assigned to both phones under terminal and set programming but also look at what the prime set in in line programming."

Thanks!

Jerry, it could also be what is called with ATT a 800 READY LINE which is pointed to one of your Trunk Lines

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

rmpenaranda

for set 227
look under Feat **266344 >> Terminals&sets >> Show Set:__ >> line access >> Line Assignments >> then SCAN

to look at the Target lines for the prime set it is a bit more difficult. for each of the possible target lines
Feat ** 266344 >> lines >> Show Line:__ >> Trunk/line data >> Target line >> Rec'd Number :___
until you find the Digits received Like Perry said it is probably a DNIS which is an assigned number from the telco that is sent to you to indicate that there is a call from a particular dialed number.

best bet is to spot the line from the phone when the number is dialed. maybe you can find written records for the programming (BEST) or contact the telco on what the DNIS Drop is for the 800 number.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

rmpenaranda- Are you having trouble with your current setup, or is this for informational puposes only?

Jerry has about the most concise answer possible for your question. (the man deserves a star) I know it sounds like a lot of techno-babble, but that's what's involved. If it seems a little convoluted, a local technician would be happy to come out and map all your did numbers, and train you to make changes.

RikRodgers
thanks.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

it's actually quicker doing it
than typing all that out or reading it
so here's another star
for jr

there's no trouble, Im just asked to determine it.

Thanks for the expert help. I'll do this later.

Thanks for all of you responses. Im learning a lot from this forum but things are rather confusing on how things were set-up here.

I've confirmed that our 1-800-xxx-yyyy is directed to 416-111-2222. and when I called 1-800-xxx-yyyy, sets with ext 260 and 227 are ringing.

But when I do
**266344 >> Terminals&sets >> Show Set:__ >> line access >> Line Assignments >> then SCAN

for ext 260, its NONE
for ext 227, its L175 (416-333-4444)

The number (416-111-2222) assigned to our 1-800-xxx-yyyy is actually L185.

Please help on how I can I confirm the way things are set-up here.

Later ON, i need to change 1-800-xxx-yyyy to forward to a mobile number during off business hours. For normal hours, ext 260 and 227 will still ring.

Before I do that, I need to understand how things are set-up.

Thanks very much!

Yeah, sounds like it's prime set (under lines) to one of the exts, and ans dn to the other, or assigned to a hunt group.

you probably need one of the guys to call you while on site. It's pretty easy to determine with a qualified tech telling you exactly what button to push, what your seeing on the set screen and what to do next. I can't imagine it would take more than just a few minutes to determine what your issues are.

Thanks for all the responses.

curlycord, I was able to know that it is line 185 by checking each line on

Feat ** 266344 >> lines

rkartevold, yup I would like to have somebody to talk to, but things are pretty tight here. My company does not have any means to pay support calls for this.

Thanks for the suggestion RikRodgers and curlycord. How can I look at Hunt Groups or Answer DNS?

Thanks!

Hunt groups are under System Programming, and answer dn's are under Terminals and Sets/Line Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back