Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID For Voicemail Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaslin

MIS
Apr 1, 2004
US
Is there a way to take one of the DID's and have it be a "backdoor" voicemail access? I would like to be able to access voicemail without someone picking up the phone and transferring me to 770.

Thanks!

You could renumber an adjunct to one of your DID's and then put it in cover group 30. Then in the voicemail assign the auto attendant to the adjunct number. Then when you dial in on the DID you get the auto attd and then press *7 and ext# and Pass #. There may be a better way and i am sure someone will post it. You could also renumber a calling group and overflow it to the voicemail.

After you renumber the adjunct to a DID number, go into extensions, scroll down to cover delay, and change the group cover to 1 ring - makes it quicker for incoming callers.

Well, If you have D-I-D and you are not in the office, just call your extension, and when it goes to Voice Mail, dial *7.

The problem is, not all of us have DID capable extensions, otherwise that would work.

Renumber the voicemail calling group to the DID that you want to use. Whan you call it, the auto attendant will answer. Internally, any buttons that are set to call voice mail will automatically change to the new number, only users that pick up an SA button and dial the v.m. group will need to learn a new number.

Or if the DID arrives via PRI, simply do a digit translation to 770 (or whatever your VMS hunt group number is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back