Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID display on outgoing calls for users with inc-dest as Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymoo

Technical User
Feb 20, 2011
GH
Hi All,

Pardon me for the long post below but I'm tearing my hair out on this one ... :confused:

We have an IPO500v2 (6.1.20), VM Pro (6.1.20) and EVO Receptionist software platform integration via CTI.

IPO System was programmed with all users having DIDs, with a select group out of this having their incoming destination set to the Receptionist during working hours, and to VM outside working hours. This was to allow the Receptionist answer on their behalf as they were either "virtual users" or out of the office most of the time.

Huntgroups were also created for these users, with the last 3 digits of their extension as HG extension to allow correct user identification with EVO. Huntgroup destination was set to the Receptionist.

The issue is that outgoing calls from these users display the Receptionist's DID (which is also the Main line). This might probably be by design but my question is how I can have the above configured (to satisfy EVO), yet have users' DID displayed on outgoing calls? I have tried using a dedicated User Rights group with "0N/Dial/N/0" shortcode but failed. BTW, DIDs display properly on outgoing calls for all other users.

Thanks in advance.

Systems & Communications Engineer

user shortcode
SC - 0N
Feat - Dial
TN - NS<ddi you want>

or maybe even NS<common bit of DDI>E might work
So extn 4321 with DDI 1234564321 woudl be

SC - 0N
Feat - Dial
TN - NS123456E

Obviously, you need to tweak to match

Also are you sure you should use N in the Telephone number field rather than 0N?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks Matt,

I tried what you suggested but calls still displayed the receptionist's number. Customer has two different PRIs each with a 100 DIDs (2030XXXX & 2031YYYY) so I created two different User Rights groups with TN NS2030E & NS2031E respectively, but that didn't work either.

And yes, N for TN because the "0" is for grabbing a trunk. Works for users who do not belong to this special group. Any other ideas are welcome ...

Meanwhile, I am going to use two different line group numbers (0 & 1) for the two PRIs respectively to see if that would help.

No luck either. Any ideas people ... :(

Post a monitor trace of the outbound call with ISDN L1 L2 L3

You may also need a i in the CLI string

Take Care

Matt

Do both PRI's have the same DDI range? You mostly cannot send a number you don't have out over ISDN.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Bas1234,
No, two separate number ranges, so 200 unique numbers issued by Telco.

Matt,
Will do that tomorrow morning when I get back to site.

Cheers.

Hey thanks a lot Guys!

Matt's earlier suggestion actually did work - I made an error in the TN entry. Entered "NS2031E" instead of "NS2030E" for the relevant group in User Rights. Also created a different line group number for each of the two PRIs respectively and, voilà ... !!!

Must have been a long day yesterday ... :)

Cheers

Tony

>Also created a different line group number for each of the two PRIs respectively and, voilà ... !!!

That is a basic misconfiguration!

Take Care

Matt

Matt,

Sorry, I didn't get that well ... :)

You mean it was a misconfiguration to put both PRIs in one incoming/outgoing group originally even with 200 unique DIDs, or splitting them up is a misconfiguration?

Thanks for the clarification.

Tony

You mean it was a misconfiguration to put both PRIs in one incoming/outgoing group originally even with 200 unique DIDs
Exactly this
or splitting them up is a misconfiguration
Splitting them up is the correct thing

And you've hit the one of the reasons why. Most carriers won't allow you send a CLI that isn't a DDI on that trunk. If both PRIs are in the same line group, you cannot dictate which line set will be used for any outbound call.

TBH, the best solution for this would be to get the carrier to supply all DDI over both PRIs, then putting both lines in the same group would be correct!

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back