Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID card on Nortel 7.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbarr45

Vendor
Sep 13, 2008
US
Can someone help. I have a DID card installed in a 12X0 expansion module in the 3rd slot. Hardware shows the lines as 129-132. I have changed the card type from LOOP to DID but I am not getting the option to enter the rec'd digits. Am I missing a step? Thanks

your lns. 129-132 are your DID trunks...you must now assign target lns. to each set they start around ln.156 on 7.1 i believe and that's where you'll see rev'd digits...

Ins? So I have to somehow tie in 129-132 to 157-160? I know that the targets start there what is the connecting point between them

There isn't one. Once the card is in and you've cross-connected the DID trunks provided by your telco at the bix block to the Norstar, start programming the target lines w/ the rec'd digits and assign the target lines to the sets.

How to I get the the Target lines to recognize the DID. Do I have to make the line private or add to a pool? I have 157 now receiving the digits 7141 but I get dead air when I call the number. Do I make 129 or 157 private on the phones?

Once you cross connect the DID trunks into the Norstar your pretty much done at that point...Don't assign your DID trunks to any set just the target lines...Do you have your exts. matching your DID's? Are you 100% sure they've been turned up?

Yes,
This was a change out from a 8x24 DR5 to a 7.1 MICS
I have the 12x0 fiber connected to the combo card port 3. Changed the type on port 3 to DID. But I still can't get them to come up. They were working before the cut

Did u cross-connect them properly? Target lines get assigned to sets not pool grps. Could the DID card be defective? When u put your butt set on the first port do you get talk battery? If not the port or card is defective.

Put your butt set on the demarc. You should get a wink from telco and you should be able to dial the recvd. digits and ring the DN.

Adversity is Opportunity

sbarr45:

look at the programming for the card, line 129, and target line 145 and the DN you are trying to ring to (only the line programming on the set) then post that here and we'll see if we can give you any obvious problems or just a different configuration. also what are the digits you are expecting in fromthe telco and what do you have programmed as receive # length under systemprogramming?

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

other items: the first trunk module should be in the top fiber slot (slot 8) (the first two slots are internal to the MICS. according to nortel "unpredictable results can occur if the slots are not populated in the sequence of 'station modules bottom up trunk modules top down'"
so you either are out of sequence or you have at lelast 4 trunk modules atta ched to your MICS.

you should also be connecting to o/y for 129, g/y for 130, b/v for 131 and b/o for 132.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Just a correction to Deweyhumbolt's post, the DID module provides the WINK signal, not Telco! The Telco switch will be looking for the WINK before sending any digits when it seizes the trunk(s) in setting up the call.

Analogue DID trunks ARE polarity sensitive, make sure your jumpers are correct.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back