Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID calls not going through 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

power23boy

Technical User
Aug 30, 2005
BB
I have a problem with analog four DID trunks when you call any number in the group you can here it hit the system, there is a long pause and then a reorder tone is heared but if you redial the last four digits during this pause the correct telephone would ring. What could be my problem?.Is it a timer problem? I am running 7.0.
It seems to me the system is serching for the correct path and cannot find it. I would realy like some help here.

Thanks.

the way a copper DID is set up, the number to the DID is dialed, the trunk is set to auto answer, then the telco repulses the last four or three or two digits once the line is seized by your switch. Was it working before and just stopped or is this a new change to the switch?

Did you program the target lines with the recieved digits from the telco? And assign it to a phone? Try this, hook up your buttset to one of the DID lines, go off hook and dial one of the recieved digit sets. Did the right phone ring?

Yes This is new to the switch I have place my butt set in monitor mode at the demarc point made a call heard the DTMF tones I was able to call any set with a target line
program and got the correct extension, there is a bank of 100 numbers, isn't DIDs auto by default?. Because there is no auto answer prompt when programming the trunks.

Hi to all, In the absents of an analyzer I am not sure what and how many digits I am receiving,What I can say is that when I place my butt set in monitor mode at the demarc point and make a call I can hear the DTMF tones e.g. (totototo- toto)should I be hearing this (toto) at the end of the four digits is this a confirmation tone or is my system seeing them as additional digits?.and do not know what to do with them.
The exchange told me they are sending four digits, Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back