Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID call via PRI to analog DN can't talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschaffer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
US
I have Option 11C, Release 22.08 with ISDN PRI for DID. Inbound calls over the PRI to an analog DN ring in but the call gets dropped when the called party picks up the phone. If you define the DN to ALSO appear on a digital set button, the inbound call completes OK. We've worked around this problem for 8 years but now I need to use ACD and inbound DID calls to the lead ACD number are seeing the same treatment. I've done lots of troubleshooting including some D-channel traces and can share more details, but so far haven't found anyone who can help me.

OFF HAND I WOULD SAY THAT YOU HAVE A SOFTWARE ISSUE AS IN BROKE. 22.08 WAS NOT A VERY GOOD RELEASE, IT DIDN'T STAY AROUND THAT LONG. LIKE HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

If you ring the analogue extn # does that work, if you are not already using analogue extns is the card ok etc.

as PERRYPJ says 22.08 had many bugs & was replace with 22.16 within months. sites with 22.08 were meant to have been upgraded retrospectively for free at that time

there is a patch for that, but when nortel give away a free sofware rel, it is because they can't make the old one work. you missed the window for free up grade, but the patch is still on the web site if you have that access. a point to remember, if you can't program a phone to drop a call after answer super, then it's not in your software. have you tried reloading your switch? that might fix it, but any thing you do is temp, 6 years and it may spread to all phones with your next software change. i would price an up grade, or check the sec market for a newer switch if $ is tight. i saw a 0pt 11 with pilot on ebay for the price of about 4 station cards...6500.00

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

wdhb, the analog extension works fine in all respects other than talking on an inbound DID call to the extension. The DID call rings the phone like normal, but when you pick up the handset, you have battery, but no talk path. Observing a DCH trace shows the switch sending a message to the CO saying it has an invalid message.

john, do you have the specific name of the patch? I thought there was only one patch available for 22.08, and I have that one. Are there more? Thanks!

I had a conversation today with a tech who raised the question of how I have LD 17 configured for RLS ID. The CO switch is a Siemens switch (with SBC; formerly Illinois Bell/Ameritech). Reference was made to the fact that there are 37 (?) different switch IDs that can be used and if I don't have the right one, then subtle things like this can result. I have it set to RLS ID=1. I've seen some posts on this forum with references to RLS ID= **. Any thoughts about this? Anyone have the composite list of switch IDs possible for this prompt?

Another question was raised about the vintage of the card combinations I have in conjunction with this Release and whether or not I have read Nortel bulletins that might relate. Any resource to check for problems with particular card vintages?

Appreciate all the help guys. Thanks.

there is a setting in LD10/11 that needs to be allowed for ddi calls but I can't remember what it is & I don't have access to my manuals at the moment

found it, in the CLS, LD10/11

UDI = unrestricted for ddi calls

RDI = restricted from receiving ddi calls

I checked out the UDI/RDI CLS. It requires package 131, which I don't have, so it shouldn't be impacting me.

Still looking for further direction, if anyone has thoughts.

there is a patch package or 21 patches for that switch that you need, more if you have sym of cp.. make sure your pni matches and that the sw type and ver is correct, the interface types are listed in the book. usually the rls id matches ** (because you didn't enter one) will cause pri227 on call tear down. do you have serv on in load 96?.. dis msdl x all then enl msdl x fdl in 96 then enl serv

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If someone transfers a DID call to an 500 set, do you have the same symptom or does it then work? Just curious as it appears Johnpoole has the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back