Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialog box question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have an SDI derived from CHtmlView. I also have a dialog box derived from CDialog. My question is, how do I do data exchanges between the two dialog boxes? When i include the header file for the SDI in the dialog box, it rejects it and I get an error. Simpley, how do I get a text box in the dialog box to be accessable by the View class??

To resolve this problem, add a class member variable to the dialog class using the class wizard. This member is public therefore it can be accessed whenever the dialog is instantiated. Using the class wizard to add the variable ensures that the required data exchange functions are implemented for the variable.

A second approach would be to add a private member variable and to add a public function to access this variable. However this requires a lower level of access to the edit/data fields within the dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back