Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialog box problem--caused by ACT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank100

Technical User
Oct 10, 2007
US
After installing ACT! 2008, my Epson R1800 printer preferences dialog box became about 25% smaller than it needs to be to see all the options. I realize this is a real reach, but having spent 5 hours on the phone with Epson, I thought I'd try this forum.

I unistalled all the Espon drivers, with the help of tech support, and reinstalled the drivers. I did this 3 times. It didn't help. This also included deleting all references to the printer in the registry.

It doesn't have anything to do with the display resolution. Whatever resolution I change it to, the box remains just a little too small!

Has anyone experienced a problem with a program dialog box, in this case a printer dialog box, that would no longer be large enough to contain all of the content of the original box?

I guess it could be due to ACT! since that is the only change I made before the Epson problem started. But I sure don't want to uninstall ACT now that it is a Publisher to a Remote computer.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks, Mike. It's set at 96 dpi. No matter what dpi I tried, the R1800 printer preferences dialog box shrinks or enlarges relative to the dpi, so the lost text remains just as hidden. It's the box size that's not right, not the text size. It's driving me crazy. I can't use the printer until I fix the dialog box problem.

Is it possible that ACT! 2008 is in any way has caused this problem? Nothing else, other than installing ACT!, has been done to my computer since the dialog box was operating correctly.

Because the bottom of the ACT Contacts window didn't display the Notes and other Tabs, I followed the advice to 1) slow down the hardware acceleration of the video card and 2) follow the knowledgebase article: Tabs Fail To Display in Contact, Group or Company Views.

Do you think this could have had an affect on the printer preferences dialong box? I changed back the hardware acceleration, but it didn't fix the problem. And this was before I reinstalled the printer driver software.

Any other ideas? Much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike. Guess I'll spend all my free time trying to get to the bottom of this :)

Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back