Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialling Internal Emergency Number from a LOCKED phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi
Using LBN numbers and Location services and Network Zone ID
222 is SC to 2222
2222 is LBN with prefix 10401 Network Zone ID 1
Phones IP is in NZ1
104012222 is sent to a Trunking Gateway on a emergency route
Trunking gateway absorbs 9 digits and inserts 2*222 and sends to another UG
This UG has a HG 2*222 with two analogue phones.

MiVB's running 7.2

is there a question in the above ?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi Mate
Sorry yeah, when dialled the caller gets "Not Allowed" CCS traces indicate the ARS is correct, the call is terminated by a ;3; on the end user gateway. you see 2*222 come in from the correct PBX and 2*222 is a valid DN.
Just wondered if there is a step I have missed on the gateway making the call.

The speed call might be the problem. Can you dial the LBN itself?

Hi
no, when you dial 104012222 it say "not allowed

So looking at the feature description for Phone Lock it says the following:

"Phone Lock has no effect on incoming calls but restricts outgoing calls, with the following exceptions: calls to emergency trunk routes and local operators."

So you'll have to make the emergency number conform to that limitation.

we have, all ARS routes are marked as Emergency

Why are you using LBN's - do all calls end up at the same destination ( 2*222) ?

why not just do
ARS on remote box - dialled digits 222 - route 222
Route 222 (emergency) DigitMod 222 direct ip to other MIVB( that has 2*222 hunt group)
DM 222 absorb 3 insert 2*222

When we used LBN it was to allow 19 MIVBs to send emergency calls out via their own trunks as 1st choice.
is the LOCKED phone a phone with a pin lock or a device only with no logged in user?
normally they should be able to access any ARS route that is flagged as an emergency route

- does your ars work ok for an unlocked or logged in phone ?

For PHONE LOCK from online help
NOTE: It is the administrator's responsibility to ensure that emergency routes do, indeed, go to emergency destinations - no further phone lock checks will be made on switches outside the locked set's host switch. It is assumed that all routes in a route list are emergency routes if the first route is. If the first route in a route list is not an emergency route,the list will be treated as a non-emergency destination for a locked set and the set will not be allowed to make a call to that route list.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

This is a site the size of a small town with other sites also. So, depending on the phones IP address a different CLI is required. I'm going to insert a DDI and send the call to the PSTN and back out,

Thanks for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back