Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialling 9 Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJBen

Technical User
Dec 1, 2001
GB
I need to set up a analog port to automatically include a 9 before I dial out. How and where on the system can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Hi
Analog stations have the option of having a Hot Line Destination. If a Hot Line Destination is assigned then everytime a user picks up the phone the destination number is automatically dialed. You can make the destination number a 9. Although by doing this means that extension to extension calls cannot be made from this station.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate.

What I was really after, was HOW to do it?
It doesn't matter about the extensions as we will use it to test dial-ups from modems.

One other option.
If this station is a modem then you can go into the dialing properties of the modem and have the 9 inserted for all outside calls.

Roche

Yes, it's what we do now but it would be easier and neater to do it the way I need it done. I know it can be done but I don't know how.

Cheers

If you want to set 9 as hot-line destination, the 9 needs to be added to one of the abbreviated dial lists for the station.

Say for example your analog station is 2000.
change abbreviated personal 2000
Let's say for example--dial code 5 is open, so enter the 9 in that field

Then change station 2000:
at Hot Line Dest, abbr dialing list number, enter 1 (In this example we are saying that List 1 is where the 9 was added- on my forms this is the personal list)
Then on the next line, at dial code enter 5

Hopefully this explanation will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back