Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dialing United Way 211 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankempe

Technical User
Mar 27, 2008
US
Any one with information on dialing "211". this is a hotline number for United Way, the company I work for is a service agency with limited funds, and our Option 11c is currently unable to dial this number. Really don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a service call. I am the facility manager and phones fall under my realm. Have used this site to get info on basic MACs. Not sure if this is something I should try and change myself or make a service call. Dialing 9 211 currently results in a fast busy signal.

Unless you're reasonably familiar with NARS programming, I wouldn't recommend playing with it. I'd suggest the service call, but pick the tech's brain about what they are doing and why. The cost will be worth it and you can get print outs as it pertains to YOUR system.

I'm sure others here would disagree, but that's my $.02.

Here's a thought. Have them come in and do your E911 programming, or make sure it is right, and then have them put in the 211 while they are there. It's not that hard or a big deal. It's just if you have never done it, you will be lost and could end up breaking more than you fix!

This way you are getting some benefit from the service call beyond 211, you will know that your E911 solution is working, and more importantly PROGRAMMED RIGHT! It may be working and programmed wrong and you wouldn't even know it.

911Guru
E911 FAQs are located at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back