Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dialing to a Linksys spa962 SIP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaccodo

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
NL
Hello all,

I have registered a Linksys SPA 962 phone to the NRS and can dial from the Linksys to the CS1000E.

But I can't dial from the CS1000E to the Linksys phone.

Any body any idea?

Jacco

I ran into the same issue about 1yr 1/2 ago.I was told by Nortel SIP sets are not supported then. I'm not to sure if much has changed.

It's only dialtone-VZ

I know that Nortel says that it's not supported. But on all other sets i tested I got oneway speech. And I was only able to dial to the set and not dial out.

So, at the Linksys set I can dial out and I have a 2way speechpath. I think it's a small step to get the inbound up and running.

Jacco

What do you get when you try to call the phone?

If you turn on D-channel messaging on the d-channel for the Sip trunks what messages do you get?

Do you have a dsc setup to send the call to the sip extension out the route for the sip trunks?

What I did was configure a DSC to the SIP trunk.

When I dial from an i.e. 1120E set to the SIP number I get the DCH message: Destination is out of service.

Onething else.. I registered an other set (ipDialog Siptone) and this set was working perfectly!

So, what I think is the issue here is a protocol difference (read: mismatch in the settings) of the Linksys set.

btw the Linksys has a pretty good GUI throught the webinterface but there are so much setings and combinations to make....

Does anyone have some leads or anything??

Jacco.

Update:

At the moment I monitored the D-chanel the set wasn't registered. What I get on the D-chanel is: No route to destination.

Jacco.

Hello,

I know why the Linksys isn't reachable from the CS1000E.

The phone-context witch is expected by the Linksys spa962 is different from the phone-context send by the CS1000.

So, does anyone know how to manipulate the phone-context on the SPA 962?

Jacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back