Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing issue to a particular series of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagdishn

Technical User
Jun 9, 2013
IN
I am unable to dial a particular number from my Avaya SIP phone (profile is configured in SM), while on using Avaya One X communicator I am able to dial out the same number. Any suggestions..

There could be several causes, really. Perhaps the IP address used by the SIP phone is falling into the wrong network region and location so the ARS analysis fails?

Is One-X Communicator configured as SIP or H.323? I assume you are using the same station logged in both?
Run the Call Routing Test in System Manager [Elements / Session Manager / System Tools] for your dial string, using your SIP phone's IP address.
Use the Trace Viewer in System Manager or traceSM on Session Manager to view what happens when you dial out from your SIP phone.
Run list trace on the SIP trunk between Session Manager and Communication Manager to capture what happens there.

Hopefully these tools will help point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your reply ZeroZeroOne.

One X is Configured as a SIP.

So SIP endpoint 1 (1xC on PC) works but SIP endpoint 2 (phone) does not...

I'd definitely start with Locations and check the IP address range, then verify the Dial Pattern is usable from both (or "all") locations.

One more thing i like to add into the issue.

> There is an ambulance tone on dialing the 11th digit of the number.

Ha! Yes, that "DEE-DOO" tone is the wave-off, indicating that something has gone wrong. I've heard it called the "turkey tone" too.

That is CM giving you and audible notice that the call could not be processed. That can happen if a phone does not have permission to dial (FRL too low for International numbers, for example), if there's no ARS Analysis entry (or AAR), all trunks busy, or something else that's failing.

Again, try to capture SIP traces and traces in CM for both the SIP phone and 1xC. A Stare-and-Compare between the two will probably show the difference.
Also, would you please confirm if you are using the same extension in both, or are you logging in Station X on the SIP phone and Station Y on 1xC?

I am using the same extension on both 1X & in desk phone.

Please no more replies on this thread as we are able to find the root cause.

Glad you have it figured out! Would you mind sharing the solution? That helps everyone on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back