Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSH

Technical User
Jun 15, 2000
US
Once again I pose the question as to how one dials up an ISP prior to sending an e- mail.
The Mscom control does a nice job of dialing but what I need is the link between the dialing and the actually sending of a message with the MAPI control. Somewhere one has to enter a password
and username. There are some pretty smart gurus out there that have done this I'm sure.
73 RSH

Mapi is only like a remote control of Outlook. So if you send via Mapi, a given computer will do just what it does if you send via Outlook. That is you may need to dial or it may get sent to another programme which handles all that stuff. So you don't need to bother really. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Support Joanna's Bikeathon

Peter:
Ok, that gives me some insight. I can see then why you say don't bother. There are a few reasons why I wanted to do it from code. One is that I want to be able to trigger it and not have to be present at the computer to do all the button pushing. This of course would not be the case with Outlook. Also my Outlook will not recognize my password, and this is also the case with My computer >> Dialup Networking.

Thanks for the Data RSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back