Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing into the RAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWCA

MIS
Mar 10, 2010
US
Need help on figuring out how to get the modem to actually talk to the RAD. Im using 3.7 NM on a XP machine. I have tried using the Remote tools for my NUR 11, but the RAD tells me that the RAD isnt compatible with the Remote Tools so Im back to the old method. Anyone know anything bout modem strings? I figured out how to get the sound for the modem to come out on the speakers. I just dont hear the number being dialed, it just starts the tones for the modem. Here is my modem string--

ATM1L2DT&FQ0V1&C1&D2S7=85&S0
Should I being putting something after the D to make it dial the number?

make sure it is a fastrad and not the older version.

IF you have the older RAD you may have software on your system that requires the older Norstar Manager software, that preceded the Norstar Remote Utilities that are part of NRU 11.
Be advised that NVM (Norstar VoiceMail Manager) is designed to administer the voicemail product, not the Norstar system itself.

How do I close this thread. I figured how to get into the Rad, found the correct modem string. Thanks for the input.

I used +ms=v90... it was what worked on the win98 machine and it seems to be the one for the win xp machine with a conanext 56k modem

I tried to use that. The number wouldnt dial but I did get the modem trying to handshake but it would never complete. So I tried that short one instead.
We recieve donated items from time to time and we just happen to get a Win98 machine with a working modem it. I can dial into my RAD and work on the phone system remotely. Thanks for all the input I truly appricate it. KUDOS to all.
YWCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back