Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dialing in to change vm pro call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
on an ipo v3.0, i have setup a phantom user with unconditional call fowarding and would like to be able to call in and change the foward number remotely. i have followed the directions from a previous thread to create the specific start point with the user and added a collect start point. on that collect start point i have added the "play configuration" menu with $KEY in the specific field. i have set a DID to "VoiceMail". what i get is the vmpro message "enter ext and #sign, enter pw and #sign" the problem i seem to be having is that i hear nothing about a divert number or foward number. all that i hear is about greetings... am i missing a key factor here or am i just missing the correct prompt with the voicemail greeting?

the voicemail setting on your ddi is to direct calls straight to the voicemail. so you can have one ddi for the company and everyone uses the same number to dial in and get their messages by entering their extn then pin.

you need to set the destination of your ddi route to a shortcode that goes straight to that users mailbox directly. then the call will follow the programming in the voicemail pro to the config menu

when i call in i get a "remote access is not configured on this mailbox" i tried the dialin option and cannot seem to get it to work properly.

Have you entered a voicemail code for that user? If not do that.

ACS - IP Office Implement

i figured it out. i did not have myself as a trusted number under the sourcecodes tab. what i have encountered is that if i add a user to the "sourcecode" tab, they gain the access to the phantom user's vm. the only problem is that they cannot check their own vm now. they immediately go to the phantom user's "user options" menu. any way around this?

If you only put the Play configuration menu in the collect start point it's normal.

Instead i would create a different Voicemail Node with a menu : 1 for collecting messages (get messages), 2 for Play configuration with the $key in both of them and send the did directly to that node.

Or add the menu in the collect start point and add get messages option, but i'm not sure if that is going to work or make a loop when you choose to get your messages.

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back