Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing from physical phone - 0N will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneMn

Vendor
Apr 11, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am in the U.S. programming an IP Office in Australia. Customer wants 0 dial out code. I configured the following system shortcode:
0N
Dial
N

When a physical phone dials the digits, the digits are never sent to the System Shortcode. SysMon shows the digits being dialed, but never gives the "SYS SC <number> type=dial code=0N". It just keeps repeating LOOKUP CALL ROUTE after each digit.

When we use Workplace client or redial on the phone, the call completes. This is telling me when all digits are sent simultaneously, IP Office can match it. If I dial digits one at a time, no matching.

I've played with the Dial Delay Time and Dial Delay Count a few different ways, but no good.

One last comment, I just upgraded them from 10.0 IP 500V2 to 11.1 SE Expansion. I've Stared-and-compared for hours, I just don't see it.

Any thoughts?

Been there, done that

If you change the 0N to 0N; it will wait for you to finish dialing before sending the digits. There are typically ; in the ARS table that accomplish this but since you only posted the shortcode thats what Im going on. Is 51 a valid ARS table?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks Critchey.

That semi-colon was integral in getting this to work. Although using it in Sys Shortcodes would not work. I did have to add them to the Shortcodes in the ARS table.

A combination of the following is configured and now working:

System / Telephony / Dial Delay Count = 5

Sys Shortcode
0N
N
Dial
51 (Main SIP ARS)

51 ARS table
N;
0011N;
00;

Been there, done that

@Critchey is spot on with this. Down under, this is how it works with our SIP providers.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

It's how it works with SIP providers worldwide. SIP trunks expect the full number in one go (en-bloc).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back