Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIALING FROM OUTSIDE NETWORK 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach1tec

Programmer
Nov 4, 2006
US
I have a customer getting anoying fax's from someone outside our network. We have 5 digit numbering, and this number in our plan get's Fax's from someone outside the network constantly from this particular Business when they are trying to generate business..We called and ask them to stop dialing number-"NO". We ask our on network customer if they wanted to change number- "NO" also. Can I redirect this particular call with digit absorbtion maybe? Any suggestions ...Thank's

If you get ANI you can put it in a table, and have a step in a vector,, goto vector xxx if ani in table 1
then do whatever you want with the call..
(I have a nuicense call vector, that plays on hold music for 20 minutes, then disconnects after announcement xxx "If you feel this call was disconnected in error, please try again. Good Bye".. I transfer most of my telemarketing calls to that vdn...)
You could setup a vector to transfer that call back to the main phone of the business that was sending it to you... that would be a riot, everytime they sent a fax to you, it rang back to them with fax tones..

there is also some threads here about using ec500 to block incomming calls from a particular #
Also, I believe you could report them to the FCC? For refusing to remove your #? They should have a way for you to 'opt out' of receiving those faxes...

If you know who the company is then figure out there fax number and route the incoming call back out and into their own fax... It will cost you for the call back but if they do it over and over maybe they will get the point.

Thank's, I'll try sending the call back. I like that idea.....tm

How can I check for ANI, I thought I would find it, no luck..Will this cause all calls to this number to revert to this particular outside business? I wouldn't want that.

do you get incoming caller id, or ani data?
if you do a list trace tac xxx, for the incoming trunk, and then call it from an outside phone, like a cell, see if you can see ani data.. will look like..

list trace tac 852 Page 1

LIST TRACE

time data

08:15:49 Calling party trunk-group 2 member 1 cid 0x1790
08:15:49 Calling Number & Name 4132412350 NO-CPName
08:15:49 active trunk-group 2 member 1 cid 0x1790
08:15:53 dial 5835
08:15:53 term station 5835 cid 0x1790
08:15:53 call-forwarding 5129
08:15:53 ring station 5835 cid 0x1790
08:15:56 idle trunk-group 2 member 1 cid 0x1790

if you can see the incoming phone #, then just create a table..

add vrt 4 Page 1 of 3
VECTOR ROUTING TABLE

Number: 4 Name: ani Sort? n

1: 4131234567 17:
2: 18:
3: 19:
4: 20:
5: 21:
6: 22:
7: 23:

and put the # you want to block in there..
then you can put the line in your vector
(in this case table 4)
goto step x if ani in table 4

When I list trace tac xxxx, I just keep seeing outgoing call's...If I could trace the trunk member when I call in would be nice, but I'm not sure I can do that....List trace tac "Member no." doesn't work.???Any idea's......

Oooppppss, Calling name and number is incoming.....I set MY CELL up exactly like example given, but it will not "disconnect" me ...I'll keep at it.

I cheked again, I can see incoming call's "ANI" ...When I created the VRT and VECTOR, I can't tell WHY it will not disconnect the call...I list trace on a station that i call, and it goes thru normal.....ANy way of tracking what's happening to a VDN/VRT when you test it?

post your vector, vrt, and vdn
also, first page of trunk group..

If you are in the United States of America, it is illegal for any company to send unsolicited FAX messages. If your FAX number is publically listed, you will have to send them an opt-out notice specifically stating the FAX number(s) that you want them to cease sending to.

Once you have taken the steps to opt-out, you can actually file a civil suit against the company for $500 per instance if they continue to send the FAX messages.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Here is the VRT, Call Vector, VDN#, List Trace of My Call, and even the Trunk I'm dialing in on...As you see the call will go right to COV-200 Audix-Never even hit's Vector.
I can go to my phone and dial directly to Vector and it will Disconnect with no problem...Is it my Trunk setting, or system customer features that may be ignoring the Vector?

VECTOR ROUTING TABLE

Number: 1 Name: ANI TEST Sort? n

1: 4431234567

CALL VECTOR

Number: 1 Name: ANI TEST
Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? n G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? n BSR? n Holidays? n

01 goto step 2 if ani in table 1
02 disconnect after announcement none

VECTOR DIRECTORY NUMBER

Extension: 12345
Name: ANI TEST 2
Vector Number: 1

Meet-me Conferencing? n
Allow VDN Override? n
COR: 57
TN: 1
Measured: none

VDN of Origin Annc. Extension:

LIST TRACE

time data

12:49:40 Calling party trunk-group 1 member 5 cid 0x1d12
12:49:40 Calling Number & Name 4431234567 NO-CPName
12:49:40 dial 50698
12:49:40 ring station 50698 cid 0x1d12
12:50:00 no answer station 50698 cid 0x1d12
12:50:00 coverage-path 200 point 1 cid 0x1d12
12:50:01 active station 59928 cid 0x1d12
12:50:07 idle trunk-group 1 member 5 cid 0x1d12

TRUNK GROUP

Group Number: 1 Group Type: isdn CDR Reports: y
Group Name: ISDN COR: 95 TN: 1 TAC: 0000
Direction: two-way Outgoing Display? n
Dial Access? n Busy Threshold: 255 Night Service:
Queue Length: 0
Service Type: public-ntwrk Auth Code? n TestCall ITC: rest
Far End Test Line No:
TestCall BCC: 4
TRUNK PARAMETERS
Codeset to Send Display: 6 Codeset to Send National IEs: 6
Max Message Size to Send: 260 Charge Advice: none
Supplementary Service Protocol: a Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc

Trunk Hunt: descend
Digital Loss Group: 13
Calling Number - Delete: Insert: Numbering Format:
Bit Rate: 1200 Synchronization: async Duplex: full
Disconnect Supervision - In? y Out? n
Answer Supervision Timeout: 0

TRUNK FEATURES
ACA Assignment? n Measured: none Wideband Support? n
Maintenance Tests? y
Data Restriction? n NCA-TSC Trunk Member:
Send Name: n Send Calling Number: y
Used for DCS? n
Suppress # Outpulsing? n Numbering Format: public
Outgoing Channel ID Encoding: preferred UUI IE Treatment: service-provider

Replace Restricted Numbers? n
Replace Unavailable Numbers? n
Send Connected Number: y

Send UUI IE? y
Send UCID? n
Send Codeset 6/7 LAI IE? y Ds1 Echo Cancellation? n

US NI Delayed Calling Name Update? n

Network (Japan) Needs Connect Before Disconnect? n
DSN Term? n

INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT
Service/ Called Called Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Number CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 5 1 5
public-ntwrk 4 5

Looks like incoming call handling treatment, is not sending to the vdn in question....
what # are you dialing to get to your pbx? Is it a DID direct to ext. 50698? or did you dial 443xxx0698, and it added the 5, based on inc call handling treatment? if so, do you have another DID that you can use as a test? and set that to ring to your vdn... that way you can set that # to goto the vdn you created.. so for example if you have a did ending in 0700, then in incoming call handling treatment

service/feature called len call # del insert cpn/bpn
public-ntwrk 4 0700 4 12345 bn-only

just replace the 0700 with the last 4 of the did you are using

one more thing, the vector, it will goto step 2 if ani is or is not in the table,, so add a line

01 goto step 4 if ani in table 1
02 wait 60 sec hearing music
03 stop
04 disconnect after announcement none

that way if you don't hear music, then it saw the ani and disconnected

Thanks for your response, I dial 410-436-0698, then 5 is inserted as 5-0698.
I've tried a soft number not in dial plan by "add vdn next" which was 15203. No luck with that. All I'm want to do is stop "ONE" number from dialing station's fax everyday.
Question, if I set up call handling Treatment for the fax number that keeps dialing into my switch say 410-230-5678 and insert 59090(my VDN), do you think that would send the get to the Vector then?

mach1tec

what is the fax # that is being called?... if it was 410-436-1234, and the ext # that the fax is on was 51234.. you could add to the incoming call handling treatment..

service/feature called len call # del insert cpn/bpn
public-ntwrk 4 1234 4 51235 bn-only

and then vdn 51235 would point to your vector,
1 wait time 1 sec hearing silence
2 route to number 51234 if ani not in table 1
3 disconnect after announcement none

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, In step 2, vrt, shouldn't it read "route to number 51234 if ani IN table 1"...Then I put the caller that's bugging us in the table.
This way, when anyone else calls the FAX, it will go through.

I was assuming that the extension of the fax machine was 51234, so if the ani of the incoming call is not in table one, then it will route to the fax#, if it is in table one, then it goes to step 3, which disconnects...
you could also do

1 wait time 1 sec hearing silence
2 goto step 4 if ani in table 1
3 route to number 51234 with coverage n if unconditionally
4 disconnect after announcement one

either vector will do basically the same thing...

ZEN216
Thank's- It worked.
I set up the trunk incorrectly the first try....When I changed it exactly as you desribed, it worked for my test call. Thank You again for your time on this one.
Mach1tec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back