Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitelD

Vendor
Mar 21, 2006
US
We have a customer that wants to be able to do this. I understand that they need a LAN CTE license for every seat of TAPI. What do I need to do to get this working? If I understand it correctly they do not need the Personal Call Manager.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Enter the keycodes for LAN CTE, and then download the Client Software at each user.

Adversity is Opportunity

You will also have to "mate" the IP address of his machine with his extension. This is done in the LAN/CTE portion of element manager. There is also a part of the outlook client that you need to configure to use the TAPI line.

Is there a way to have everyone dial from a public folder using one database?

NCSS

Sure but thats something you need to define on your outlook... if your outlook uses one database for contacts.... then you can use this database for every LAN CTE user....

cheers,

subx

You need to make sure that you have a 9 in fron of all the contacts. The BCM for some reason does not follow the dial out properties unless it is enter in the correct format.

Marshall

You may want to check out Visual Rapport from Resource Software International. I seem to recall this application can provide screen-pops and outbound dialing to/from outlook and I think only 1 LAN CTE license would be required.

I finally installed PCM and tested it myself. How do I keep incoming calls from popping up on my computer screen?

NCSS

PCM is not needed if you just want to be able to dial out from outlook.

For dial out from outlook you only need a LAN CTE License... All that middleware stuff is needed for popping up incomming calls what most customer request.... dial out is never a problem...you just need to change the options and choose the correct line ...

cheers,

subx

Thanks all, I have tested it from my laptop and it works great dialing out.

NCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back