Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing 9 for Outside Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDragon42

Technical User
Dec 19, 2012
US
I have a question on an older IP Office we have at one of our facilities. We currently use 9 to dial an outside line and I guess they've accidentally dialed 911 a few times recently. They have just asked if it's possible to change the 9 to another # (7). Is this easy to do? 1 Place in the configuration I would need to make this change? I see under short codes the 9N. Is it simply making this 7N?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please state the version you are talking about?

It's at version: Avaya IP Office Manager 6.0 (07)

if it is in system short codes then yes you are right change to 7N , also look at the ars if it is pointed to that table and not to a direct line group.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

There is no ars with R4.0. It's all under short codes. You need to change the 9 to 7 as you see. You may also see a sc:

Code: 9
Feature: secondary dial tone
Tel Num: .
Line: 0

This generates the dialtone you hear when you press 9. Change this to 7 as well or else users will no longer hear dialtone when pressing 7.

you will have to make changes in two places the ARS and the short code. you can either create a new ARS table and short code or just make the change on the ARS and on the 9N. make sure you keep 911, 11, 9911 in the ARS table also. Short code,keep 9n and add 8n or 7n.

Prior to the start make a backup of the system.

OK.. My shortcode has the following info...

Code: 9N
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: N
Line Group ID: 50:Main (have 0, 8 and 50:Main as choices)
Locale: <blank>
Force Account Code <unchecked>

When I go to ARS, I see the following...
ARS Route ID:50 - gray'd out
Route Name: Main gray'd out
Dial Delay Time: System
Secondary Dial Tone <checked> - SystemTone Selected Below
Check User Call Barring <checked>

Below I have 6 Codes...
11 911
911 911
0N; 0Ns815...
1N; 1Ns815...
N Ns815...
xxxxxxxxxxN N815..

If you want to keep it simple, remove the 11, 911 code. This is currently allowing users to dial 911 and connect. If you remove it, and leave the 911, 911 code then users will have to dial 9911 (9 for the outside line, 911 for calling 911). Easier then telling everyone to now dial 7 for all calls, and 7911 for 911.

based on your info, just copy the 9n short code and create a 8n short code. then test. make sure you test dialing the 911, 9911 11. don't hang up, talk to the operator and explain to the operator you need to test dial each code. if you hang up the police will arrive at the door.

Thank you all. She definitely doesn't want to do the 9 for outside line and then dial 911. Fears if emergency, they won't remember to do that.

I'll copy the 9N short code and use 7 or 8 and test 911 and the new outside line. If all works, do I just go back and delete the 9N short code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back