Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialing 4-digit from one switch, thru another to the destination switc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabilini

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I have a avaya v11 pbx (node1) that I need to 4-digit dial to a v7 pbx (node3) through another pbx v8 (node4). Node 1 is dcs'd to node 4 (tie trunk) and node 4 is dcs'd to node 3 (isdn tie trunk). For some reason, node 3 CAN 4-digit dial back to node 1 through node 4, but node 1 CANNOT 4-digit dial to node 3 through node 4(I get a ring no answer). In essence, it only works 1-way. Node 4 and node 3 can communicate fine between eachother. What forms do I need to change in order for node 1 to talk to node 3. Routing patterns are fine.

TJ Star:

Okay, I changed the node names as you have suggested and on both nodes when I do status proccessor channel 9, I now get In service and Established TCP which looks great! Thank you!
However, (I know, buzz kill), I tried to 4-digit dial from node 1 to node 3 through node 4- no go. When I trace it, I get stuck at the announcement board on node 4. The node 3 extensions that I dial from node 1 are valid, since I can dial those from node 4.
Any other suggestions?
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday in the meantime.

I would guess that the incorrect digits are being passed. Try using the TAC code on the tie trunk to Node 4 in Node 1. Then enter an extension in Node 3. You should ring the extension in Node 3. If it works it means there is a problem with the number being sent out of Node 1. If it does not then the Tie trunk is having some interaction with the digits being dialed.

You have a happy Thanksgiving as well.

TJStar: I didn't forget about you, I have still been dealing with this! However, today is a celebratory day! After more tinkering and testing, I decided to change the ISDN tie trunk between node 3 and 4 to a comm-channel tie trunk. Once I did this, I was able to 4-digit dial both ways and get to my destination! The only thing that doesn't work now is I don't get the station ID, I get the trunk ID. I can't tell you how happy I am and just want to thank you for all your time and help.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back