Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialin in or accessing your Definity System Remotely. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

user125

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2003
US
Whenever I had a problem I called Avaya and their technicians would dialin to our box. Is there a way for me to do that as well? What kind of information would I need and where could I find it? thanks.

If your access is not set to yes you can get INADS access through AVAYA. This is the part I did not know when I set up my DSA and could not logon. I called the AVAYA helpline and it was only $84.00 for AVAYA to give me access to dial in so it's well worth it. They should also tell you your phone number to dial in when you get the permission. I have a copy of DSA 1 which I believe is the 1st version of DSA if you need to try that.
Tina
kinneyt@treeoflife.com

you guys are great. i did do display login xxxx however there is not option for access to inads port. lol this box is so old... i just wanna kick the piece of junk.

If i do display login xxxx, all i get is the option to change my password and some other stuff
Its currently set at
customer
user type - super-user <--wondering if i could change that
to antyhing higher

try "display system maint" and see if you have "Customer Access to INADS Port? y"

-CL

There is a great program called Putty that allows you to telnet into your switch. You can do most of the sames things with this program, and it is small enough to email to someone (200Kb). All you do is setup your Switch's IP info and username/password and you're set to go! Let me know if you would like to try it.

Telecom Colossus

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

Does Putty work for remote off campus access (dial-in) or is it strictly TCP/IP?

Putty is an ip app, not dial in.

Bigman75771, if you read the whole thread you will notice he is at v3... hence putty is not an option.

Hope you haven't given up yet. I was looking through some things last night and found the 3 diskettes with Terranova on them. I am not sure how to get them to you though. If anyone could help find a way to put these where everyone could use them, please let me know.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Since you have a V3 cust access to inads port is always 'yes' (becuase there is no other setting).

DSA (Definity System Admin) CD is usualy for sale on eBay - look under definity...

I have ASA 1.11 rel R1105 working but had a couple of questions about the software itself; when exporting to a file does anyone know where you can set the default directory for these files? (It keeps coming up to a temp directory buried in the documents and settings local directory) Also,I cannot figure out how to get the internal modem speaker off. I have turned it off in the settings for the OS, but it is still blaring. I know some software used for dial-up have their own setting for speaker volume. Any ideas? Thanks!

You should be able to do this using the data mods assigned to the netcon channels. Set up a hunt group with the netcon channels assigned to it, and terminate a trunk group to the hunt group (with one member I'm supposing). I believe terraterm pro has a modem option so you can use that as I have a file that will allow it to emulate a 4410 SAT. I can probably have more details on the admin for the netcons tomorrow in addition to the details for the 4410 emulation. Of course, someone else on this thread may know the administration off the top of their head!

HTH

You should be able to set the speaker volume using the standard AT command
Ln
n=0 Low Speaker Volume
n=1 Low Speaker Volume
n=2 Med Speaker Volume
n=3 Hi Speaker Volume

You should be able to put this in the initialization string.

Looks like the netcon channels we were going to use to administer the system only became available in the R5si release, so I think my idea is going to be a wash. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back