Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dialed Number Call log

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwtaylor

Programmer
Aug 30, 2007
US
Greeting folks. Can anyone tell me if I can gather a call log (dialed number) on a BCM50 Rel. 2? I'm looking to create a speed dial list for my users and a call log of(dialed numbers) will help to show me the numbers that are dialed most frequently throughout a day or a week.

Each set does have this ability, it is under capabilities of each set under call log space (0) is default. Also each set has a user speed dial list starting at (71). Program using Feature * 4.

I think the query here is that the wish is to gather numbers dialled rather than incoming numbers.

I agree it would be really helpful. I hate to say it but the Avaya systems have a really great call log system!!

Someone has the answer to this!
I love my BCM (yes, I do mean love!) so lets get this one sorted and help efficiency for everyone.

I think he want to get the LOG from every phone and make a master Speed Call List that everyone can use.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Good point Acewarlock as usual you have hit the nail right on the head.

However the Avaya keeps the last x number of incoming and outgoing calls. So people you call regularly are always on your list. I also think the Avaya has the option to do a 1 click addition to individual speed dials. Its a pretty neat idea I must say. I am sure someone at Nortel could make things easier than they are. Really in this day and age its a bit silly to have only 1 last number redial and 1 saved redial.

There are aspects of the Avaya setup I don't like but this aspect is one that they seem to have well sorted.

Any other thoughts or suggestions on how to achieve this??

They all have there GOOD points and there BAD points. I've never seen a perfect system for everyone.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

No this is true. I was very very green to it all when we got our new BCM last year.

We get limited choice of systems here but feel I went for the right one for us. Fortunately the oppotunity to Beta trial release 2 of BCM50 pushed me in that direction.

Found the details of a different system the other day. Had looked at the Spicer Maximiser system. Loved the look of the system and functions at the time and particularly the amazing touch sensitive hand sets. Very glad I didnt go down that route I have enough trouble training on the BCM I cannot imagine what a job it would be when everything you do the phone changes! I.E. the touch sensitive control panel changes to new options! Anyone worked on that system I wonder?? Probably only UK based. Now I am waffling and this isnt a chat room after all. Sorry for the diversion!

Thanks for the responses but do we have any solutions to suggest yet?

Can't you just set-up a call log on every telephone, and log all calls, of course there is a finite number of logs per BCM50 and I don't know how many tels you have. If you want to have a master outgoing log, your gonna need an SMDR with some CDR software.

I'm hoping not to have to go on site this location is over an hour from me. Knowing the skill set of some of my users I much rather not deal with the hassle of trying to explain the keying sequences over the phone to activate it for me.

I have 90+ locations to support and much rather spend my time being productive than losing 2.5 hrs driving and then spending the afternoon interupting users programming their phones to activate the call log, if I can accomplish all of this via the Element Manager.

This isn't a mandate or anything just trying to find ways assist my users and make them more productive.

Would be interested to know what CDR software would be recommended by other users???

do a forum search on cdr. there are dozens of threads

It appears that I may have to put this initative on hold for awhile. My CDR software appears to be corrupted or is taking errors when I down load it through my network.

Magna.. I've done a search on CDR and too many of the postings are fragmented to gain a clear understanding on how to set it up or use it. So I assume I'll be better off reverting to the books for my answer.

Thanks anyhow all....

I'll keep ya'll in mind Macoles when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back