Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Up Networking Terminal Window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
CA
Hello,

I can connect to my local site using Dial Up Networking, however when the Terminal Window comes up, I can't enter any keystrokes in that window.

Our IT department has been making a lot of security changes, and wondered if anyone has heard of this before?

I am thinking I am locked out of typing in a terminal window.

Thanks!
Barry

Sounds like the same thing we ran into a while back. MS update KB911280 was the cause. We had to roll back this update, as well as replace the version of RASMANS.DLL it added.

Thanks Crisc! That was the problem!

Barry

UPDATE: It has been reported that as of June 28, 2006, the updates that are deployed by Microsoft now have a fix for this dialup issue. You must uninstall all prior KB911280 updates in order to install the newer version. The security fix will reinstall under the same number of KB911280. As long as you downloaded and installed the fix after June 28, 2006, there shouldn't be anymore issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back