Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial up Networking on Win 10 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcrks

Technical User
Nov 9, 2012
US
Have not been able to get DUN to work on Win 10. The connection will dial out, get answered but not produce an after dial window, then errors out as "can't connect". When I open the security tab on the connection the error 608 pops up stating "A device was specified that does not exist. The modem is a Multitech MT9234ZBA-USB-CDC-XR and works fine with Avaya ASA and Putty. Any ideas?
As an after thought I'm trying to use putty as an alternative to DUN but when it connects, and after I enter login and password, you're supposed to hit the "Done" button. Does anyone know the keyboard equivalent of the "Done" button?
Thanks in advance for any help
Mike

Connect, Properties, Security tab,
put a checkmark in Interactive logon and scripting
- Show terminal window

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

44 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 34 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks for replying. I've added the check mark. I use DUN frequently with a good ole Win 7 machine. I was hoping someone had run into this on Win 10 and had a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back