Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial up allways connects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
1.I'm running win 2k server and I'm using NAT. I can't seem to get my dial up connection to stop dialing up when neither of my computers are requesting the internet. I have the internet connection set not to be a persistant connection.
2.also at work on win2kpro machine I'm haveing troubles when I go to dial the internet it makes me check the "connect automaticly" option every time.

help!

Hi, I too face the same problem of dial-up connecting always, I am using ISA Server 2000 on Win2k server. I have taken out the option of automatic connection to primary route dial-up, still the same happens and I am force to take off the telephone cable from the modem port. Anybody having ideas to fix this problem will be appreciated.
Thanks, Sab

Check the gateway setting on the clients. If they are set to the server, they may be bringing up the dial-up. It worked for me previously.

Hope it works for you!!

Is it trying to dial up every 30 seconds? What router protocols are you using (check routers and RRAS)? The RIP protocol will cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back