Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial two strings with one button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
CM 7, 9608G telephone sets in the field, 9641 with one expansion module at my desk.

Using a system where the clerks in facilities around the city can press a button on their phone to engage an "emergency" agent. The vector checks for this agent at the beginning of the call flow, and if it is logged in, skips to the "Emergency Announcement" for that site, then disconnects the call. When the emergency is over, they press another button and the emergency agent is logged out, and normal call processing resumes. Pretty standard stuff.

I'd like to get an indication on my phone whenever one of the emergency agents are logged in, without adding a second step to the process. I want the clerk to press one button, which will log in their emergency agent, and then do something like a "send-calls" - which I can replicate on my phone and see when it's engaged.

I've tried using the autodial feature button, and separating the commands with ~p (pause) and ~w (wait), to no avail. Whichever command is first (login or send-calls) is the only one to execute. I've also tried using the system abbreviated list, with the same results.

Is there a way to link the two commands (or dial strings) to a single button? or is there a better way to get notified when the emergency agents get logged in?

Thanks in advance -
- Duaneness

Try a VU stats button on your phone the display can show agent in skill i think.
VUSTATS DISPLAY FORMAT

Format Number: 1 Object Type: split
Next Format Number: none Update Interval: 10
Data Field Character: $
Number of Intervals:

Format Description: SPLIT=$$ Q=$$$ OLDEST=$$$$ AVAILABLE=$$

Data Type Format Period Threshold RC
1: split-number
2: calls-waiting
3: oldest-call-waiting m:ss
4: agents-available

Worth a try?
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thanks for the idea. I tried it, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I will have 7 locations with their own emergency agents and hunts. I just want a light on my phone to turn on whenever a site logs in their emergency agent - that light would be off the rest of the time. Vu-stats shows me if an agent is logged in, but I have to manually go look for it. And the screen only shows one split (whichever one was the last selected).

Thanks again, I appreciate the effort.

- Duaneness

Using CMS Supervisor, and running a real time report of the skill that the emergency agent are in, or just a report show there status is the only thing I can think of.
I dont know of any way to do what your are asking on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back