Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial Restrictions on Polycom Sound Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMurdoc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2011
GB
Hi,

I have been given the a task at work to change over all our Polycom Sound stations from originally only being able to dial internally to now being able to dial both internally and externally. I can for the life of me find where these settings would be. We have one working phone which has always been able to dial internal and external and when I compare it with others I cant see any difference in settings. Does any one know where I would find this setting?

We are running a 3300 system which covers multiple sites globaly
We are running Mitel Enterprise Manager Release 6

Thanks in advance.

Mo

check your class of service and class of restriction assigned to the handset in question

analog polycom or SIP polycom? The SIP polycom has some very specific programming requirements needed to make it dial 9

Thanks for your responses.

@ James1982 : I have checked the Class of Server and Class of Restriction in on the phone numbers in the OPS Manager and they seem to be exactly the same as regular hand sets which can dial out with out any issues.

@ExCentigram : Sorry, I should have mentioned that at the beginning. They are all set up as Generic SIP devices. However on all our phones including the one working polycom sound station we dial 9 manually

Thanks again guys
Mo

It may be the dial strings within the polycom that need to be setup adjusted

check out this thread where I first had the issue

thread1329-1500942

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks kwbMitel

I will take a look. just to clarify. The SIP web interface is found by typing in the ip address of the phone into a web browser?

yes, you can access the the polycom via the web page and also direct from the phone itself.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks kwbMitel. This has actually solved another issue I was going post :D

as for the dail plan. Upon further investigation it seems some of the polycom phones are only blocked from outside dail in the mornings (atleast as far as my tests have shown) im doing some more tests today and tomorrow morning to confirm this though.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this. I will update asap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back