Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial out T1 PRI using TAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
Hi,

I am at my wits end trying to figure this out...maybe you guys can help me out.

I am trying to setup dial-out on the ISDN t1 PRI's using the TAC but am unseccussful so far...as long as I use ARS every call goes thru fine, but with TAC i end up getting the intercept tone,...!!

Any Ideas or suggestions to slove this problem?

thanks

Hi
Did you try in trunk-group form to set:
Dial access- yes, Overlap(sending)- yes?

Have your COR permisions to call the trunk COR ?

On the trunk group form page one check to see if the Dial Access? y

Just a thought
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

The Dial access doesn't work on a PRI if the trunk group type is tie. The Vendor would need to be sending individual trunks and your trunk type would need to be co, wats, etc in order to have dial access code usage.

I have never been able to use a TAC to get out on an ISDN trunk. and believe me I've tried.

RTMCKEE

It's futile to continue trying. It was explained to me awhile back, so I cannot give you the difinitive reasons why (something to do with signaling), but with ISDN trunks it is simply NOT possible to directly access using TAC for dialing. When testing new installation you need to isolate the trunk in a route of it's own or get the carrier on the phone and see if they can force calls down the pipe.

The reason you cannot TAC a PRI trunk is due to the D channel siginaling method. On the old GS/TIE/Wink trunks the siginal ing was done in-band. Therefore the selected trunk did all the work. On these new fangled ISDN/PRI the D channel is the king. The near end and far end "aggree" on the channel on the T they want to use. This is also called out-of-band siginaling.

Hope this makes sense. Am I showing my age?
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Excuse me, I have on my Definity several T1s configured as ISDN-PRI with Country Protocol -1 on ds1 form. No problem for me to dial TAC and then remote extension. It is overlap dialing.
I am not in the US. May be the discussed problem caused by the US public network where overlap dialing denied?
If you connect two Definitys(for private network) via isdn T1 what the problem to dial TAC?

when use in two pbx tie mode TAC can use . but connect to public D-channel must support delay dial mode . So Japan and Hongkong type is support TAC mode (I know that). When without delay dial mode , avaya must use ars to dial out.

avayafreakje can you tell me how is your PBX configured?
If you can paste the screen shots that will be great.

I know tie lines would work on ISDN PRI T1's tie line between two PBX, In this case I am trying to connect to the service provider in US directly, I have NI2 as well as ATT5ess protocols....

Does this mean we need to live with ARS only?

DS1 CIRCUIT PACK

Bit Rate: 2.048 Line Coding: hdb3

Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
TN-C7 Long Timers? n Country Protocol: etsi
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: a
Interface Companding: alaw CRC? n
Idle Code: 01010100
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

Slip Detection? n Near-end CSU Type: other

SIGNALING GROUP

Group Number: 1
Associated Signaling? y Max number of NCA TSC: 0
Primary D-Channel: 01A0416 Max number of CA TSC: 0
Trunk Group for NCA TSC:
Trunk Group for Channel Selection:
Supplementary Service Protocol: a

TRUNK GROUP

Group Number: 2 Group Type: isdn CDR Reports: y
Group Name: OUTSIDE CALL COR: 6 TN: 1 TAC: 102
Direction: two-way Outgoing Display? n
Dial Access? y Busy Threshold: 99 Night Service:
Queue Length: 0
Service Type: public-ntwrk Auth Code? n TestCall ITC: rest
Far End Test Line No:
TestCall BCC: 4
TRUNK PARAMETERS
Codeset to Send Display: 6 Codeset to Send National IEs: 6
Max Message Size to Send: 260 Charge Advice: none
Supplementary Service Protocol: a Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc

Trunk Hunt: cyclical
Digital Loss Group: 13
Calling Number - Delete: Insert: Numbering Format:
Bit Rate: 1200 Synchronization: async Duplex: full
Disconnect Supervision - In? y Out? n
Answer Supervision Timeout: 0

kashnortel,
I think the only way for you is try tune the trunk from both ends.
If Public network switch administrators said you No way(!) - you should take it easy.

Here is text fragment from DEFINITY Communications System Generic 2.2 and Generic 3 V2 DS1/CEPT1/ISDN PRI Reference 555-025-107 Issue 1 July 1993
".. At the present time in the U.S., public network ISDN does not employ overlap sending. Thus, in the U.S. you should not use this option. If you set overlap receiving and the digits are all delivered in the SETUP message, the call completion might be delayed while the system waits for added digits in the INFORMATION message..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back