Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial out cot route w acod 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Any feedback?

Opt 11 rel 23+. I built a route and 2 cot members to connect to an ASCOM wireless system. I cannot access the route? I compared the route and trunks in the route to a route I can dial out on and I cannot see any difference. the weird thing on this switch is the customer is not 0 but 1. If I set up the new route and trks in customer 0 and the stations in customer 0 I can dial the access code....but of course I cannot dial any other ext in the system because they are in customer 1.

Any ideas?

the only difference in the route that works and the route that doesn't is the trunks in the working route are grd and the route I cannot access is lop.

thanks in advance

Have you checked that "TGAR" hasn't got e.g. "1" programmed in?. Any extension with a "TARG" of the same number won't be able to dial that routes ACOD.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

in the route tgar is blank. at the ext the targ is 0. the route I can dial is the same. i thought it could be I used a 4 digit ACOD in the new route but I actually took the ACOD from the route that worked and used it on the non-working route with no luck.

I am stuck for now

when you build it for customer 1 are the trunks and the route both built as customer 1?
What indications are you getting of a failure, busy, dead air??
When you do get the fail, have you traced the trunks to see if they are being accessed or if the call is not even getting to them?

The route, trunk members and extensions were built in customer 1. i get a fast busy. the trace sees the trunk not being accessed. the acod is dialed and immediate fast busy returned. trying from a digital set I get release and try again on the display.

the fact that I can access another route and both routes seem identical save for loop and ground start I am at an impass

If the trunks are Ground start, was the polarity checked on the A B wires?. Was the trunks in LD 14 checked for TGAR settings?. Can you send us a copy of the RDB, Trunks etc?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

GH,

I think you may have the answer. I have the cls on the ext to unr and the trk route is in and out (IAO) but I didn't think about ld 93 and the MANO in the route. I'll check that out.....thanks!

Firebird,

the trunks are loop so I am good on that and the tgar too I believe. I am going to try GH's ideas and if I am still having problems, I will post the data info and maybe you can see the problem.

thanks to all!

GHTROUT,

thank you!....the route was denied in ld 93.....sweet!
thank you all for the feedback. I have never worked with tenant service before. I thought that was it but the push from GH set the lightbulb off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back