Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial out Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2001
US
How do I setup a dial out code for a single or group of numbers? How do I set the dial out code that I want? This is for a Merlin Legend using the Winspm release 3.0

I assume you want to use something other than "9", so what you do is put the other numbers, which mean Line ID's to the Legend, 801, 802, etc., in a pool.
Sys Prog > Exit > Lines/Trunks > Pools >
Pick a pool, say 895, then add in the lines you want to include, say 807, 808, and 809.
Then :
Sys Prog >Exit >Extensions> Dial Out Code
Enter each extension, and then set the dial out code to 895.

So I need to add a pool, what are the pool #'s that are valid? After I add the pool I need to add the lines, are these personal lines? Then once those lines are added program the pbx to have a dial out code for this pool, correct? Is there a way to tell, phone bill speaking, to see what calls are made from what pool when the phone bill arrives?

As for Pool #'s try 891-895 one of those should be empty. As far as the phone bill goes, you may see which lines are being billed, and you may not, depending on how your bill is set up. You could just have everything billed onder one number, or several.

As I understood it, you were wantint a pool access not personal lines. Two different annimals.

sorry about that. Ok lets say I have ext. 400 - 499. I want these block of numbers to be billed sep. from our other #'s. What I need is to set a access code for long distance and/or to get a outside line to make a local call. Is this possible? If so how do I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help

Two things you need to do:
1 Give these extensions pool access codes for the lines you want them to use.
2 Restrict these extensions from being able to dial 9, and therefore using any other trunks.
Billing then for thse extension can be done for only those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back