Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial on demand - isdn -asn

Status
Not open for further replies.

antelisim

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2003
BE
Hi,
I want to configure dial on demand with isdn lines in order to have 512k (4 times 2b+d isdn) as bandwith.
Can you give me the way to work ?
TX,

I hope your Telco knows about ISDN. We have BellSouth,Alltel,and mom&pop Telcos. The standard answer is I Sure Don't Know.

Have toy considered a fractional T1?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

I take it you have a quad ISDN card in your ASN. If so you have to create a bandwidth pool in which you place the other ISDN circuits. Then for your initial demand circuit you click on the BOD "Bandwidth on demand" button on thedemand circuit definition and choose the bandwidth circuit you have created. Choose ok and then click on it again and you will see extra parameters i.e number of links to use, I belive you can have a max of 8. you then choose the threshold at which these lines will be brought up.

If you have different numbers which are used to dial out these need to be added to the phone out section.

Im the remote router you also have to create a bandwidth pool with emough channels in to receive the dialing router calls.

If you want any more help let me now and i will send you some dummy configs - though these will be for UK based ISDN settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back