Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial-in page error (Win 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggsWolf

Programmer
Aug 23, 2002
CA
I'm working with the academic copy of Windows 2003 and am having difficulty setting up a VPN connection. I've done this in Win 2000 with no problems, but when I click on the 'Dial-in' tab under Active Directory Users and Computers -> User Properties I receive a pop up box with “Could not load the dial-in profile for this user because: The network path was not found” After clicking OK (the only option) I get a empty tab except for a label reading 'Dial-in page initialization failed'.

Not sure what the problem is, no idea what network path it's looking for. Thanks for any help.

Hi!

Noticed that you have had the exact same problems as I have regaring the Dial-in property page in Windows 2003.
I have the same problem and I have been searching the Internet for some answers without any luck at all. (Well I have tried almost everything) I am quite desperat to solve this problem since the management are in urgent need.

Please tell me that you have found a solution to the problem and I will forever be greatful....

I cannot understand why it has happened. First I configured Remote Access on the DC (The Dial-in property page worked) but since I moved it to a member server in the domain everything got messed up.

Please respond..

Best regards

Thomas

Anyone find an answer to this? I have the same issue on a newly installed 2003 Server.

Nope sorry! Haven´t found anything about this issue.

Even when I ad domain controllers to the same domain I get this problem in active directory but...

if I install admin tools on my WIN XP admin client it works...

Please let me know if you find any solution..

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back