Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial by Name 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

campyracr

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
US
I recall seeing a thread about this but can't find it.

We currently do not have the feature enabled on our switch. Management now wants it enabled.

I know the usernames have to be listed Lastname,Firstname in Audix and the switch, and there is a setting on the 2nd or 3rd page of each user indicating dial by name.

what other steps do I need to take? Or should I just hire a vendor?

See thread690-403973 and/or Thread690-551899.

Susan
[sub]A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.[/sub]
[sup]Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)[/sup]

Susan,

Those threads helped a bunch with the dial by name (DBN). Now I am having an issue with my vector I think.

Below is the vector:
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 collect 1 digits after announcement 5914
03 goto step 12 if digits = 1 (hunt group)
04 goto step 14 if digits = 2 (hunt group)
05 goto step 16 if digits = 3 (other vector)
06 goto step 18 if digits = 4 (DBN)
07 goto step 20 if digits = 5 (Gen mbox)
08 goto step 2 if digits = 9
09 wait-time 10 secs hearing silence
10 goto step 2 if digits = ?
11 stop
12 route-to number 5917 with cov n if unconditionally
13 stop
14 route-to number 5916 with cov n if unconditionally
15 stop
16 goto vector 35 if unconditionally
17 stop
18 route-to number 5301 with cov n if unconditionally
19 stop
20 route-to number 2200 with cov n if unconditionally
21 stop

==========
All work but the DBN just disconnects the call

Try changing step 18 to say,
route-to number 5301 with cov y if unconditionally

If your auto attendant is in Audix, then 5301 should be an x-ported station in the switch that has a cover path to Audix. If you route with cov n, then it won't follow the cover path.

I saw this post and have a more specific question.

The "Adress Formatting" is what confuses me. Some have Name, most have extension.

Our switch has vectors that point to a phantom station, just a vmbox on Audix, which prompts the user to spell the last name. Audix then goes back to the switch to find the user & ext.

Which should they be set to?

If the Auto-attendant is a "Dial by Name" auto attendant, then the address formatting should be name. Basically, you're telling the auto attendant to read the touch-tones by the letters associated with then, not the numbers. Audix actually does dial by name from it's own database, so if the user doesn't have a mailbox, you won't be able to find them in "Dial by Name." Once it find the appropriate extension in Audix, then it transfers to that extension in the switch.

So if Audix is checking the numbers dialed (name spelled) against it's list of users, and on the switch I should have those users with a VMbox set to name rather than extension?

No, the actual voicemail boxes should be set up as extension addressing. The only thing that should have the "Name" addressing is the "Dial by Name" auto attendant.

The phantom extension for the dial by name is set to "msa-spe" on the switch.
The vm for the dial by name is set to "name"

So it doesn't matter on the switch side what the stations are set to extension/name as long as the dial by name attendat hsa name for it's addressing format in Audix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back