Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dial by name, or ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Right now, when a call comes in, the main greeting states if they know the ext hit 1 ... then it routes to a vector with the collect digits, and routs to digits.
Is it possible to have the ability to dial the extension enytime during main greeting and just go to that ext? And, (in a seperate vector), is it possible to setup a dial by name ability? I know I could do it in Audix, but I don't have enough port capacity to do that.. I am on a Definity G3siR9, with vectoring, eas-phd,,
Thanks..

If your extensions are within one or two ranges that do not have lead digits that lead to other options in your main greeting (e.g your extension range is 2000 to 2599, and your main greeting says "press 1 for sales, 2 for service, 3 for a hug..." there is a clash with the lead digit 2.) You can just build a collect digit step with the extension length and the lead digit and route to digits. That should get you right to the extension directly.

We currently use the "dial an extension number or press 1 for an operater" scenario and you can dial an extension anytime during the main announcement.
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto vector 52 if holiday in table 1
03 goto step 27 if time-of-day is fri 18:00 to mon 08:30
04 goto step 27 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 08:30
05 goto step 24 if staffed-agents in skill 97 > 0
06 collect 4 digits after announcement 3770
07 goto step 9 if digits = 1
08 route-to digits with coverage y
09 goto step 13 if staffed-agents in skill 26 < 1
10 queue-to skill 1st pri m

The only slight problem I ran into when I had our PBX setup exactly like this was that there is if you are collecting 4 digits, but a caller dials say "1" for an operator, the system will wait for about 10 seconds leaving just silence as it's waiting for the other 3 digits to collect. After about 10 seconds it times out and then routes it to wherever option "1" is sending it. I've recorded in our main greeting "To speak to an operator press 1 #." The # tells the system not to expect anymore digits and will route the call immediately instead of waiting that painful 10 seconds of silence.

thanks all, I was afraid if I put in collect 4 digits,, and caller only entered one, I didn't know what would happen,, but prompting for caller to enter the number then # is perfect.... now is it possible to write a dial by name vector??

is there a way to tell the switch to goto a step if the number of digits entered is 2 or 3?
also, anyone know of a way to write a dial by ext vector?

See thread690-710642.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

Well, management does not wnat to setup the dial by name now, so it saves me a bit of work,,lol, (and I am on a Definity r9.5, so I could not follow that post anyways, but thanks anyways Susan)
As for the the digits,, I setup a vrt with all of the invalid entries (using wildcards) and it works fine, thanks for everyones help and input..

another question regarding collecting digits..
If I put in collect 1 digit, and if the caller entered 4 digits, the other 3 would be stored, as dial ahead digits.. right?
So, can i create a vector to add the first digit back in?

if digit = 5 goto vector xxx
and in vector xxx, route to "5" + the remaining three digits in memory?

01 wait-time 1 secs hearing ringback
02 collect 4 digits after announcement 10527 for none
03 route-to digits with coverage y

I use this to allow callers to get to a specific extension

Regarding the 10 second wait for digits, you can check your 'prompting timeout' setting in System-Related Parameters Features to reduce this to no lower than 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back