Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial by Name Directory Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomi008

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
US
Normally, it works by pressing *2 but we have weired setting and it works by pressing *8*2. Can you please let me know how can we get rid of *8 and default it to just *2.

That can be done during the playing of the AUTO ATTENDANT greeting.

I always have the client set up the AA prompts to include "To search for someone by their FIRST/LAST Name, dial *2.

If you are trying to do it at some other point, then it's *8 first.

We are trying to do it through the auto attendant only but as soon as the caller press *2, it goes to the voice-mail of dial "0" operator. The auto attendant goes to the name directory only if the caller press *8*2. Can you please guide me step by step how to reset this to default *2?

Thanks in Advance...

Sounds like your voicemail is having "issues" (i.e., corrupted software on the hard drive). What type of voicemail is it? A replacement hard drive may resolve your problem.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I have found that sometimes just deleting the AA and setting it back up again from scratch works. You may have a configuration or two wrong. Try rebooting as well.

Or - you can try using AA2 or even AA3 as a substitute. Just build it the same as AA1 - and assign the lines to it. This may work - for a while - or you can try what djtt suggests - or just default the messaging module back to factory specs - and redo the programming. But - if software is corrupted on the hard disk - it may not resolve the issue.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back