Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial by name directory in MLAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacker43

Technical User
Jun 5, 2007
US
If you have a menu mailbox in the AA, how can I get the Directory,dial 9, to work. Does it only work in the main system greeting?

Not Available from the Menu Node, Only top level.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

set up a mailbox, ie 1999 with an extension of 1999.(transfer only), record a name such as 'company directory'

set up 1999 as a speedcall with an actual number of 2999

set up 2999 as an ACD path with an unavailable answer point and interlfow of 1 sec to 3999 (add in a dummy agent group with NO members) set queue calls when no agent is logged in to yes.

set up 3999 as hunt group with NO members

set up call rerouting always on 3999 to go to the voicemail pilot number.

now put mailbox 1999 as an option in the MLAA and it will transfer back to the built in AA.

Long winded but works a treat.

I got it to work through the top level, however, if I were to try this, how do I ever get a company directory, in that transfer mailbox, so they can spell names and be transferred to that extension. support says, dial by name will only work at top level. Thanx

Wacker43: Tilf's method is just trying to give you a single digit method to get back to the main level where you could then dial 9 to access the directory.

I can't follow the logic of why there are so many steps. You would think it would be sufficient to have a transfer mailbox that dials the pilot number of the voicemail group.

All the steps are necessary to fool the embedded voicemail into thinking there is no mailbox ID, it then goes to the default AA which you can then dial by number or press 9 for the directory. You can probably remove the ACD section and have the speedcall going to the hunt group 3999.

Hope this helps

Tilf, Remove almost all of your steps and subtitute a nametag hunt group that is routed to vm. The transfer mailbox would go straight to the Nametag Grp and from there to VM. Much simpler.

There is a FAQ for the 3300 overriding VM integration. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back