Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial a number without the DN or lifting the handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekGreg

MIS
Mar 8, 2002
US
What I want, and have not found any information about it, is to just start dialing the number without pressing the DN key or lifting the handset.

Instead of dialing DN 95551234 for a local call or DN 3515 for an internal call, just dial 95551234 or 3515, and place the call.

Is it possible to do this?

I have a phone 2008HF and a Meridian 11C.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Gregorio

Are you asking how to make a handsfree call using an autodial key?

Nope. What I mean is to just start keying the number and that, as soon as I press the first number, to get the dial tone and continue dialing the rest of the number. Unfortunately, I never knew what kind of PBX did we have in my old job, were we could do that. In my old job we just have to press the 4 digits for the extension number, and that was it, the speaker got open and we could start the conversation. It is just for comfort, nothing serious. Just to avoid pressing the DN button and the dial the number. That's it.

Thanks.

You should be able to dial the 4 digit numbers or 8 digit numbers, then press the Handsfree Mute button. This will open up the handsfree speaker and dial the number. Or you can press the handsfree mute button and then dial the numbers, this opens up the speaker first while dialing.

Yes, that is the way I do that right now. But, what I want to do is to DO NOT press any other keys than the phone numbers, as in my other job.

I hope this could be possible.

Regards,

Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back