Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial 10 digit telephone # when returning a call from the call log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howardd01

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2016
CA
My first post.

Great forums and great help.

So I have a Nortel CICS (V4.1)with Caller ID. I have programmed it and all has been working flawlessly. A recent change to our local dialing rules has presented me with a bit of a challenge though. Before, when looking through the call log I could press the line button and the 7 digit number would automatically be placed and go through. Now, I have to enter all 10 digits for local calls.

So my question is: Can anyone guide me in programming the system to make all 10 digits dial instead of just 7?

I apologise if this has been asked before. If it has, please point me to the thread. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Howard

Try Dialing Plan and change Default to 10

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

When I use the phone and enter installer programming (FTR**266344), I can not find "Dialing Plan". Should I be accessing programming another way?

This is what I have under System Programming..

System prgrming:
Hunt groups
Change DNs
Featr settings
Direct-dial
CAP assignment
Access codes
Auto Attendant
Fax DN: NONE
Remote Access
Rec'd # length:2
DN Length
Release Reasons
Intrl modem:fast
Hospitality

I checked under Rec'd # length:2 and it allowed me to set it as high as 7 but nothing changed once that was done.

Check the manual for your version system then.
F**config is to initiate programming session...
Admin is one password and Config is another, we cannot post passwords on this forum.

You might be using Admin password.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yah I tried both. The config password gives me all of the options but no "Dialing Plan". Thanks for the help. :)

Anybody else?

Would it be worth my while to upgrade to 7.1 or would I be wasting my time?

Cheers

To be up to snuff and utilize up to date Daylight Savings time and be stable etc then yes but I dont think it will help this issue.
Here is what gained:
It does not include 7.0/7.1 but look at the Installer Guide for 7.1 and search What's New

Does not look like CICS has a Dialing Plan according to the manual like the MICS does.
In fact I dont think this issue has been addressed because I just tested my BCM and same issue.

While you are looking at the log (the number that called) then dial the area code then press DIAL and see if that helps.
i.e. if the number that called is 555-5555 or (416)555-5555 or 555-5555(416) then dial 416 then press DIAL....it will insert the 416 then dial the rest.
It's a long distance number then dial 1 XXX then press DIAL
If there is too many digits then press TRIM

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Seems I have addressed this issue a couple times before and it was indeed to dial the area code then press DIAL.
I should have just searched first but brain cells are fading fast lately.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for all he responses people. :) The number in the display is not in my area code then the whole number appears including the 1. I had no idea that I could simply type in the area code and then make the call as usual. I just tested that and it works liker a charm. Bit of a pain but oh well. If I am limited that way then so be it.

Thanks again for all the support. I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back