Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial 0 for reception desk not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffandamar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
When someone calls into my phone system(or goes into voice mail from their desk) and hits 0 to get the receptionist it goes to a different extention than the receptionist.

(oddly enough it does this from everyone's phone except mine)

Does anyone know if this is a voice mail setting or a phone setting or what is the setting I need to change?

Thanks

Three areas you can set the attendant at:
1. Feature 9 8 3 ->aa->attendent:
2. Feature 9 8 2 Attendant
3. Feature * * 2 6 6 3 4 4 ->System programming->direct dial->internal
These all control slightly different ways that people get to your attendant. The first is for people in the auto attendant, the second is for someone who is in voicemail, and the third is for a regular phone dialing 0.

Good Luck!!

F982- Pswd: (Operator)- go thru the settings make sure ATDT is set for the operator's extension

F983- Pswd: ( Admin Pswd) usually 1020000
Hit AA
Hit Table
Usually Table 1 it what everyone uses
Hit OK
Hit OK and Next till you get to ATDT
Change it to your Operator's extension #

Thanks to both of you. The operator configuaration (f982) did it. For some reason it was set to another exention....what makes that even odder is the fact that I was the only person transfered to the correct extension before. Either way its fixed now so I guess that doesn't really matter :)

Thanks again
P.S. I followed the f983 section but when I go into tables I don't get ATDT or anything that allows me to choose an extension but I guess that isn't a problem right now but it would be nice to know. I'm using StarTalk 2.0.3A in case that helps.

Under Feature 9 8 3 the attendant option is the next option after you choose your four greeting options AM PM Evening, and Non-Business. This is the attendant you will get if you press 0 during Auto-Attendant operations.

Under Feature 9 8 2 Password 67372867 the attendant option is reached by presing NEXT 3 times. This is the attendant you will get if you press 0 from a mailbox unless the mailbox owner has entered a target attendant as follows

Under Feature 9 8 1 (for each mailbox) a target attendent can be set by loggin on then press 8 then 5 then 1 then enter the target DN or zero to return the attendant back to the voicemail operator. this is the attendant you will get if you press 0 from a mailbox that has set the target attendant.

Lastly you can also set an attendent under Feature * * 2 6 6 3 4 4. ->System Programing -> Direct-Dial -> Internal -> internal #: This is the attendant you will get if you just pick up your phone and dial 0.

As you can see there are several attendent locations you may want to check. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back