Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diagnostic program 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleone

Technical User
Jun 11, 2006
US
I'm using a program for system info aida32. I was wandering does anyone know the utility in windows 98. That runs a diagnostic check on video, pci cards etc. I can't remember the name i think it was an excutable program.

MSCONFIG?

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

appleone,
You maybe thinking of DXDIAG. You can find that at Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information. Look under the tools menu for it.

HTH
Ken

I know the programs you mentioned. This was a system utility that would allow access to the video, pci, ram, addresses, com1, com2. like Bios but it was a microsoft program. I wish i could remember it. I'll keep searching I'll post if i find it.
Thanks

Not much was available in Win98 but, System Monitor, System Information, and Resource Monitor come to mind. Combined with SCANDISK, DEFRAG, MSCONFIG and DXDIAG, you should be able to find out how most everything is working on your machine.

Skip

You don't mean Microsoft's MSD.EXE prog by any chance...? That came with MS-DOS v6.22 operating system amongst others, and will give you the info you need.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back