Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

diablo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebr

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
BR
hi, please help me someone, i have this problem:

iam the only user and administrator, so when i run diablo 2 apper this massagem:

"CD-ROM drive error
Diablo 2 failed to run
please make sure toue diablo 2 play disk is in your CD-ROM drive then click "retry"

see, but iam administrator and the only user i don´t no what is this, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obs the rest of the games run OK !!!

I forget if Diablo 2 was one of the games that had this fun little quirk, but I think so. Do you have multiple cdrom drives in your machine? If so, just place the cd into the other drive, even if it is the lesser performing drive.

There are several games that when picking which cdrom to use do it based on how they're connected to the system (primary / secondary port; master / slave) instead of drive letter or which drive was used during installation.

hi, man tanks, but i have two CDrom one is commom rom the other is a DVD rom and CDRW (combo), i place in this drive but the same massagem displayed, please do you have other solution???
but thanks for support!!!!

hi, please help me someone, i have this problem:

iam the only user and administrator, so when i run diablo 2 apper this massagem:

"CD-ROM drive error
Diablo 2 failed to run
please make sure toue diablo 2 play disk is in your CD-ROM drive then click "retry"

see, but iam administrator and the only user i don´t no what is this, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obs the rest of the games run OK !!!

i have two CDrom one is commom rom the other is a DVD rom and CDRW (combo), i place in this drive but the same massagem displayed, and my win 2000 have the sp3

As a side note, if you are using a backup copy of your original cd you may be experiencing a problem with copy protection. Many products have a check that looks for an original cd. If you are using a backup copy of your original cd you have made, the check will fail. Check google and the like for ways to negate the original cd check if this is the case. -------------------------------------
Only two things are infinite, the
universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former.
(Albert Einstein)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, MCP, Network+, A+
w: robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com
h: mstrmage@tampabay.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor