Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diablo 1 on XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebr

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
BR
Hi, HELP-ME

oh my, NEVER NEVER this things work well!!!! well my proble is i have XP PRO and my diablo not run!!!! i installing but when a run the Diablo appeer this message:

"Please insert the diablo disc into your CD-ROM drive and press OK", Jesus!!!! i having this problem on win 2000 but i upgrade ATA Storage and OK works, but this time don´t work!!

please someone help

Thanks

joebr

Considering the situation, the simplest route would be to find a "no cd crack" via the black channel. In the vast majority of cases, such programs are intended for pirated software, which I am NOT endorsing.

I had the same problem with a very legal "Heroes of Might and Magic 3" and found a workaround quickly through a filesharing utility called eMule. I know that this is, in a small way, promoting pirating. On the other hand, I paid $50 for an almost functional program, which by itself is useless.

This is a bit contraversal, I know, but I beleive there is a place for filesharing and opensource programs. It is one of those basic human freedoms, given selling your companies secret source code is well outside your basic rights.

I've jabbered enough, i'm sure there is a clean-cut (and probobly difficult) way to work around this.

-Growing Haze

Gates giveth, Gates taketh away.

hi,

my diablo and XP is NOT pirating!!!!!!!

thanks for your response

If you want to know where a good place for nocd fixes is i would go to
gameburnworld.com
Then pc game fixes
I purely use them because im too lazy to root around for old game cds once its installed!
Newer games (which your diablo is not) will require the cd for online etc.....
Noel

The way web design should be

Hi

What if you download a cd-rom emulating application, like cd cloner or so. You can download it from or look for it in the web.

Once that you have installed you can copy the whole play cd in the partition it creates and never have that problem again.

Regards,

Ricardo Rojas.

Yes but the whole cd is takin up what 700mb of your harddrive what is the point in that, thats the reason cd cracks are made

The way web design should be

thanks everyone!! but now a can´t see this little problem thanks and a like to resolv this ih man thois is nervo

thanks

hi,

nothing this this works!!!! i iknow no what i do

but thanks

oh and make sure the patch is for the same version you have, probably (unless you've ran a diablo update) its version 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back