Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DI-30 and Echo 1Safe crash XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBS65

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2004
BE
Hello,

I just installed my DI-30 Fast in my new computer, which has a MSI 875P Neo motherboard. The onstream is configured in my bios as 'Fourth IDE Master'.

After the installation of Echo 1Safe version 3.7.02, the system crashes. When booting again, the system crashes when the logon screen (where you select the user) is shown for a few seconds.

Removing the 1Safe software removes the problem also. I also installed Retrospect Backup (test version), which functions good with the onstream on the same system.

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem, so I can reuse the 1Safe software as I did on my old system?

Thanks a lot.

Does event viewer show messages that correlate with the errors? If so give specifics...

Also, run msconfig, disable ALL apps from launching on bootup. Reinstall software, try again, perhaps its just a software conflict...

Also, on a side note... 4th IDE master?

Matt J.

P.S. Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

I had a problem when first installing the tape drive when it shared an IDE cable.

Using it as a stand alone slave it is stable.

However, this may depend on other hardware. Neither 3.7.03 or 3.6.24 seemed to be happy with my GeForce graphics card but changing to an ATI card and using Rage 3D tweaker solved the problem.

None of the error/conflict messages I got pointed to this but I concluded that this was the problem.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back