Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHLC card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janmeda

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2008
ET
Hi,
Is there a card that can be fitted on TDA 200 and give
8 DPT, digital phones [1 pair]
8 DPt [telephone that takes 2 pair] and 8 SLT [1 pair cable to be connected in parallel]
so that 24 telephone apparatues with diffrent ext nos can be obtained?
thanks!
Janmeda

YES 16 7600 series phones 8 singles but you will have to use tandem jacks every where,dual line cords but it can be done .but you may need expansion memory and you must watch your power point value and your frame would be a mess. btw all the digital phones run on pins 3&6 there are no 2 pair digital phones and of course your singles run on pins4&5.

never double punched on frame to see if second port comes
up but I think the phone is required to translate the dxdp
connection but please anyone chime in if they know for sure thats not the case.

I only saw DHLC8 card so far, is there a DHLC16 card that does this? other wise with DHLC8 I am not getting any benfit except cost saving i.e I will have 8 digital phones a bit expensive and 8 cheaper analogue apparatuses. I want DHLC16 so that it takes one slot and give 24 phone lines [16 digital + 8 analogue] . My concern is to max the use of the slots.
thx!

the reason I want a DHLC16 type of card is that I don't like the master / slave type of arrangement. It is a bit inconvinient for support staff as well as the user. I have DHLC8 currently plugged into my TDA200 giving 8 digital and 8 analogue lines independently working well.
thx!

There is only a DHLC8 card but if you are creativewith your wiring you can get the XDP and DXDP cct out to where you need them,
Eg: 4 wire from the PABX, "A pr"(XDP)to where ever,"B pr" to 1st Dig phone, then on the XDP jack on the 1st phone wire a RJ12 plug to turn the DXDP cct back on to the vacant XPD pr(going back to IDF),and then out to 2nd Dig phone from there, you need to watch your total wiring distance, I have had this arrangment work upto approx 25mtrs

This will give you 16 dig sets and 8 Analog sets to use freely(provided that no 1st dig phone is unplugged)

As I said 3 posts ago !! (BTW no 16DHLC)
and you need to be mindfull of point value and
memory requirements.... You are setting your self up
for major callbacks all an ext {a} has to do is unplug
one line cord and it will knock out 2 phones
so you have 6 points of failure not good strategy
I know trotski has done this befor but telling
the client never unplug the gray and red line
cords does not mean the cg or next guy won't do it.

thank you guys for your posts.
I think what i need to do is consider to go for the next model, TDA600 with an aditional shelf. I have a need for a little more than 120 extensions. And TDA 200 slots are not enough for this purpose as I have to plug other optional cards as well. NIC card, cell station interface card, OPBD3 and CO line card, E1 card.

CWC3, maybe you need to be a bit more forceful with your clients when you tell them to not do something (and a call back will earn you a dollar or 2)

I have done this a few times to max out a very small office set up (mainly TDA30, 8 dig 4 Ana)using the bulit in card.
This means that the Customer has the max phones with the min cost and I save this sort of thing for the Charity type Orgs (people who I decide could use the savings)if you explain what you have done most clients will appreciate your work and keep their fingers out

hey I am using dxdp here I just don't,won't configuire a
system that way in the field just my own opinion
kind of along the lines of crimping ends on network cables
it will come back to chomp you on the hind quarters.
T have you tried to double punch to see if the second
phone comes up or is the DXDP jack on phone "a"required
to make the traslation .I haven't tried it thats why I asked ?

It won't work. Needs to plugged into the back of the phone.

I avoid DXDP's like the plague. Only use it now if the customer wants a phone right next to the phone it needs to plug into.

I've tried telling people, labelling line cords, etc and still you find some moron that thinks he knows what he's doing and wants to unplug something for whatever reason.

I don't disagree with you I was just answering Janmdea's Question. I only offer that sort of thing to clients who can't afford other options

NIC card, cell station interface card, OPBD3 and CO line card, E1 card "
You do not need a cell station card to run cell
stations on TDA that card has a big price tag on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back