Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP/TFTP error on 46XX phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztech01

MIS
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hi All,
Had to power down our system last night and when the power was brought up this morning all the IP phones had the following error, "Contact DHCP/TFTP administrator, L2q params in option 43/176 or xxx.scr script file have looping conditions". Has anyone seen this message? Just looking for the cause for this message. Any help would be great.

I've seen this plenty of times. It tends to occur when the phone is looking to connect on one VLAN, cannot, then defualts back to another VLAN and still has trouble, hence the looping condition. Your best bet is to set VLANTEST to 0, this will make sure the phone stay in the VLAN that you have set for them and not default back to the data VLAN. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Looking at my phone VLAN Test is set to 60. Where do I change that? I tried going through the phone programming.

aztech01,

Just add VLANTEST=0 in the 176 option in your DHCP.

Thanks for the info I have to power down again over the weekend. I will look at this.

It looks like it may have been the order we brought the network back up. Someone was powering up the phones before the phones could see the PBX or the DHCP or the TFTP server for that matter. We are looking at how we restore the network after an outage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back