Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Server : Setting two DNS Suffix

Status
Not open for further replies.

acymlf

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
MY
I want to set two DNS suffix (eg. my.companynet and companynet) in my DHCP Server - Global options. But I am allowed to enter one suffix only. Is there a way to enter both suffix in the DHCP Server instead of setting the suffix at the individual PC.
Thanks in Advance.

p/s The DNS Suffix I am refering to is under DHCP Options - Global - "Option 015 - Domain Name."

There can be a trick. That know is crossing my mind. What about changing in the registry? Then you can do this change to all systems via a GPO.
the key should be:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Value Name: SearchList
Data Type: REG_SZ
Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

Thanks for the reply and solution. Besides doing that is it possible to change anything on the DHCP Server?

Do you know is it possible to use DHCP relay agents to do this?

Thanks

What I was telling you has nothing to do with DHCP server.
It is just a trick to automate same settings in registries of a number of workstation.
I have to mention again that I didn't test it, and it was just an idea from where you can start. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back